Woven between all of the stages of the development process is the work of a Quality Analyst: the technologist who sees building solutions like a kaleidoscope of possibilities for things to break. By collaborating with each team member—Developer, Business Analyst, Designer, etc.—you will ensure quality is thoughtfully examined in both processes and technology. QAs also aspire to be more than testers: they're team motivators and strive to encourage all teammates to weave quality into their mindsets and code.
- You will proactively seek out ways to avoid common software-testing problems such as test case duplication, flaky tests and maintainability
- You will pair with devs to read and assess code and provide feedback about tests
- You will seamlessly partner with clients, Business Analysts, and Project Managers to create and prioritize test plans while establishing yourself as a trusted voice with testing methods, strategies, and tools
- You will provide input for and evangelize system testability
- Advocate QA expertise to the broader tech community outside of Thoughtworks, speaking at conferences and acting as a mentor for more junior-level QAs
- Strive for quality to be built and aspire to shift quality to the left
- Apply theoretical knowledge to practice and willingly offer improvements on code, tests, testability and suggest tools and frameworks to use
- You will examine end-to-end processes in addition to backend testing, ensuring quality is embedded throughout
- You will produce and implement test strategies during the software development process
- Drive the creation of a reliable automated testing suite with strong reporting capabilities that ensures simple, effective analysis of failures for your team to use
- Cultivate high-functioning teams and enable transitions where necessary
- Extend your passion for quality assurance practices to enabling the client, helping coach a client's team to adopt a testing mindset
- You have worked as part of a wider development team, pairing with Devs and ideally Business Analysts, Infrastructure Engineers and Designers
- You have experience with Agile, code management, deployment strategies and different types of nonfunctional testing
- You're a sleuth when it comes to finding bugs, coming up with scenarios and edge cases along with a solid understanding of best practices such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD and the Practical Test Pyramid
- You are comfortable with different types and techniques in functional testing including exploratory, boundary value analysis and equivalence partitioning
- You have exposure to and experience in using defect tracking and management tools
- An understanding of how to perform better white box testing using code
- You know what a test strategy is and can produce one and you're able to zoom out to the big picture and identify gaps in quality
- Bonus points if you have familiarity with automated deployment processes, notions of configuration management like SVN and GIT, and a track record of innovation in testing
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach and tackle problems from multiple perspectives
- You are seen as an influential team leader and always advocate for quality as a shared team responsibility, yet are open to change
- An ability to assess strengths amongst your teammates and distribute quality-related tasks when needed
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Date Posted: 06-02-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
请注意，我们重视隐私：通过您的在线申请提交给我们的所有信息都将 为 Thoughtworks 保密。