Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
We are seeking a Retail SME with a focus on Digital Commerce with deep and broad domain expertise. This person will have the ability to engage with CXOs on business & technology challenges and solutioning, with experience in the retail/e-commerce space to directly guide the technical strategy for some of our biggest retail clients.
There's no typical day or engagement for our Retail SMEs. You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on a delivery project for 12 months. It's varied and you thrive on these different challenges. Our teams work on a huge variety of projects; you could be helping a retail giant rethink their technology strategy one day and working on an app for a new type of payment. We often work alongside our customers, providing a mix of delivery and consulting services.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Play a pivotal role in helping our customers to achieve success in their eCommerce / Omnichannel / digital transformation.
- Build bespoke software using the latest technologies and tools and with some of the best technologists in the world. In early stages of a transformation, you will prepare and recommend customers in areas where they can grow their online experience and/or sales and help in prioritizing customers in key focus areas and the roadmap
- Work in a passionate, dynamic, collaborative and non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience
- Help in Business Development efforts, identify and generate leads
- Participate and actively shape up opportunities across clients
- Work collaboratively with clients and travel if required during project inception and delivery. We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you'll be flexible about project location, and willing to travel as part of your role.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Have around 14+ years of deep and broad business process understanding and operational experience in Digital Commerce across core eCommerce functional areas like Search & Filter, Browse & Navigation, Cart & Checkout, Payments, Products, Price, Promotions, User account management, Order Management, Fulfillment, Returns, Analytics, Recommendations, Reviews & Ratings, Personalization, Customer journeys across various stages, Content Management, consumer engagement on digital platforms etc across various business models like B2B, B2C, B2B2C, Marketplaces etc. In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the e-commerce solution is a MUST.
- Have full life cycle experience of hands-on roles leading and implementing e-commerce solutions/platforms, specifically in the areas of solution or functional architecture, prescriptive business requirements assessment and solutioning and deployment across multi-dimensional teams. Have demonstrated experience of working successfully with development teams to deliver bespoke software in this area especially in large transformation programs
- Have a deep understanding of the lifecycle of eCommerce transformations; be able to clearly articulate opinions and engage CXOs of client organisations on building the right capabilities, initiatives prioritization, technology choices (COTS products in the market), build vs. buy decisions
- Have a consulting mindset with excellent communication and presentation skills in engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders and building credibility as a trusted advisor through proven delivery of innovative solutions for complex problems in the eCommerce space
- Be creative, innovative and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, familiarity with user-centered analysis, business case and value mapping and evaluation techniques
- Be able to consult senior stakeholders of retail/eComm organizations on building the product vision, roadmap, striking the right balance between what’s needed now and the future.
- Have a strong focus on business value, metrics and success measures and be able to articulate value with key stakeholders internally and in client organisations
- Be a subject matter expert and manage end-to-end client engagements through solutioning for the current and future functional roadmaps, recommendations during development and execution through adoption facilitation, workshops, training, etc.
- Have good exposure to working with varied retailers globally and in India
- Have the desire to create and build thought leadership in retail mainly in digital
- Have experience prioritizing competing demands from stakeholders with ability to get buy-in and resolve conflicts
- Have some experience with Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Be able to identify and shape opportunities in collaboration with the market team or client principal, qualify and shape delivery model from a domain standpoint
- Have the mindset and ability to move between opportunity identification, retail/digital strategy and delivery challenges given the situation
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtworks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.