This position is exclusive to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and is supported by the applicable State rules in regards to special measures and/or exemptions to promote equality.
Open to all Australian locations/ remote working
Thoughtworks is looking for developers to join its First Nations Delivery Centre programme - a new initiative creating tech careers for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
The First Nations Delivery Centre is a fully-remote, distributed development team staffed at least 50% with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander technologists, that aims to create an inclusive environment to begin and grow new tech careers. The team delivers custom digital solutions for Thoughtworks clients, while working 100% remote, from anywhere across the country, and with the autonomy to develop their own team and office culture.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant or build a bold new mobile application for a bank. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will champion best practices like writing clean and reusable code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will partner with other technologists from cross-functional teams advocating devops culture
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Take ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables, always pushing the envelope in order to deliver awesome results for our clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- As a Graduate: less than 1 year relevant experience as a Developer (and develop your skills at Thoughtworks University)
- You can write clean, high-quality code in a variety of languages and are also able to spot (and improve) bad code
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have experience with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites, or Thoughtworks offices, in order to solve their business problems from time to time
Identity verification may be required in the recruitment process.
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
We are a community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As ThoughtWorkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
What's on offer
All Thoughtworkers receive an annual professional development allowance to attend conferences, courses, workshops and to purchase books.
Other benefits include a large network of mentors and coaches, generous paid parental leave package, a communications allowance, a monthly health and wellness allowance, free and discounted tickets to major industry conferences, and catered Friday lunches.
If you’re ready to find your home at Thoughtworks, click to apply now!
Not quite ready to apply? We invite you to stay in touch with Access ThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).