ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy, made up of around 4,500 passionate technologists across 15 countries. We specialize in strategy, portfolio management and product design, combined with digital engineering excellence.
As software consultants, our teams work on a huge variety of projects. You could be helping to influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, building a new mobile application for a bank or redesigning platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You’ll use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself everyday.
As a Senior Developer, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Build bespoke software solutions
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development coding best practices
- Learn something new everyday.
- Travel the world.
- Speak at conferences.
- Write blogs and books.
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before.
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Development and delivery experience with Java, .NET and/or Ruby
- Have helped develop large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience of working in a forward thinking, OSS-centric environment
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Many of our consultants travel every week and fly home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
Residing near one of our North America offices in Chicago, Dallas, New York, Atlanta or San Francisco is preferable although not necessary.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.