Denver, Colorado, USA
Do you thrive on championing delivery excellence that realizes a client's vision?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
As an Onshore Technical Anchor, you will help us scale for our continued growth supporting our ambitious mission. You will lead and work across offshore team to improve workflow and delivery while driving engineering excellence and ensuring teams are delivering high-value results
You may have the opportunity to be a technical and people steward for the teams. You will drive impact through the relationships you develop and the goals you deliver on. You will be constantly looking for ways to improve our products, workflow, technology stack, and to grow and develop the people working with you. You will provide hands-on guidance and excel within different tech stacks. This role will allow you to enhance your consulting, account management, and leadership skills
You’ll spend time on the following:
- This is a client facing role with delivery accountability (influencer, connector, negotiator, facilitator, ambassador).
- Be the communication liaison between onshore team (client & TW) and offshore team, helping offshore teams understand why some decisions were made and providing context.
- Flexibility in hours is expected to coordinate with offshore
- Lead / coordinate offshore or nearshore teams.
- Act as player / coach to the development teams.
- Be involved in team planning meetings and retrospectives.
- Drive Agile Ceremonies and engineering best practices both offshore and onshore teams.
- This is a 100% billable role
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value
Non Technical Background:
- Previous experience managing engineering teams.
- Background can include any technical delivery role such as a Business Analyst / Product, Quality Analyst, Project Manager, Tech Lead.
- Development of large scale applications.
- Provide hands-on guidance. Post-technical doesn’t apply to you.
- Experience guiding continuous improvement of process and technology.
- Ability to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and constantly with teams via collaboration tools.
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.