Dallas, Texas, USA
Are you at your best when you understand a client’s needs so clearly that you’re not only transforming their business, but elevating the work of technologists as well?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Client Principals are the trusted partner of existing ThoughtWorks clients, supporting them in their business transformation journey through a technology-centric approach. They’re also an extension of delivery teams, ensuring that both business and technology groups are aligned. By staying continuously connected with a customer’s business and technology strategy as well as our offerings, they drive customer growth while positioning ThoughtWorks as trusted industry leaders.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Achieve established revenue targets, forecast and manage sales, revenue and margins at existing customers
- You will establish, grow and nurture long-term, value-based relationships with a growing number of senior client stakeholders, focusing on 1-3 accounts at a time
- You will partner closely with technical leaders to support the delivery team, ensuring they have what they need to be successful
- You will engage in consultative business development, growing relationships both vertically as well as horizontally
- Approach client executives as true business partners, expanding the company’s breadth and depth to its full potential
- You will take a consultative approach to working with our clients’ C-level executives and other stakeholders in order to achieve their business goals and redefine their industries
- Help develop a range of IP and best practices around client and portfolio development in order to build the client base into a significant strategic asset
- By understanding a client’s strategy inside out, you will identify opportunities to improve the partnership and increase revenue throughout the duration of the partnership
- You will be responsible for complex negotiations and resolve conflicts
- Maintain a watchful eye on how ThoughtWorks’ executes engagements and take a proactive approach to mitigating potential risks before they arise
- Stay current with ThoughtWorks’ business strategy and IT goals
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re comfortable interfacing with C-suite on their strategy, ensuring that we’re delivering the expected outcomes while staying a step ahead to propose new solutions that may increase revenue
- You have experience in executive revenue-generating roles and bring comprehensive business acumen to your account strategies, cultivating ‘win-win’ value propositions at both company and individual levels
- You understand agile custom software delivery and can motivate tech teams with creativity and enthusiasm
- A forward-thinking mindset - - you infuse thought leadership and innovation into how you partner with a client
- A natural consultant, you’re solutions-oriented and influence decisions by bringing in relevant industry trends and client stories
- You’re able to balance strategy and execution, while crafting visions and taking a progressive stance on agendas that drive change
- Taking abstract, technical or strategic concepts and translating them into actionable ideas comes naturally for you
- You don’t shy away from negotiation -- you see it as an opportunity to establish credibility and a positive rapport with with the client
- You thrive in a collaborative and non-hierarchical environment and are nimble in ambiguous situations
- Bonus points if you are well versed in agile delivery best practices
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with our digital leaders by joining Perspectives, our network for business insights in technology.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.