How would you leverage your technical expertise to create extraordinary impact for our clients?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For a team to thrive, it needs active collaboration and room for healthy, respectful debate. Senior Developers are the technologists who cultivate this environment while driving teams toward delivering on an ambitious tech vision and acting as mentors for more junior-level consultants. They leverage their deep technical knowledge to solve more complex business problems and actively assess their team’s health, code quality and nonfunctional pipelines.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will use continuous delivery practices to deliver high-quality software as well as value to end customers as early as possible.
- You will work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Create large-scale distributed systems out of microservices
- You will apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilize DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Possess a bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or any related Engineering streams.
- Should have strong understanding of Java with preference to Java 8 and the newly introduced features.
- Should be able to build reusable code and APIs for future use.
- Good understanding of Cloud infrastructure and experience in deploying applications in either PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) / AWS (Amazon Web Services).
- Hands on experience working in Spring Core, MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Microservices.
- Experience in working with Restful webservices.
- Experience in working with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins / Hudson.
- Experience in working with unit testing frameworks like Junit, Mockito.
- Should have understanding of BDD.
- Fair understanding of SQL and RDBMS and hands on experience in working with any of the databases like MariaDB, Oracle, MySQL, DB2 etc.
- Should have good understanding of coding best practices and be able to do peer code review.
- Should have an understanding of GIT, Jenkins and JIRA.
- Candidate should be able to create automated build and deployment scripts.
- Maintain a high level of code quality and adhering to industry standards for code quality like SonarQube, Fortify and Nexus.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Desirable to have understanding of design patterns and domain driven design.
- Desirable to have minimum understanding of React / Angular, but not mandatory.
At ThoughtWorks, we’re committed to fostering an inclusive community for all technologists. Help us achieve a more balanced workplace by anonymously answering the following demographic questions.