Want to build solid foundations that organizations need to achieve technical excellence?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Infrastructure Developers take a multifaceted approach to helping clients achieve technical excellence by approaching challenges from both a technical and operational perspective. As consummate ‘bringers of knowledge,’ they take extra care to ensure their team and client understand operational requirements and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure that delivers and runs software services. They also help customers adopt DevOps approaches, breaking away from rigid, more traditional ways of working and pivoting to a more customer-focused and agile approach.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will launch projects through hands-on implementation, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure;
- You will listen to a client’s needs and formulate a technical roadmap and impactful solution that will support their ambitious business goals;
- Help shape and build ThoughtWorks’ cloud and infrastructure practice through collaboration with business development, marketing, and capabilities development teams;
- Ensure and build the controls and processes for continuous delivery of applications, considering all stages of the process and its automations;
- Monitor and ensure that technical expectations of deliverables are consistently met on projects;
- Act as a thought leader—at client sites and at ThoughtWorks—on DevOps, cloud, and infrastructure engineering;
- Establish trusting and thoughtful partnerships with a client’s CIO, CTO, and relevant teams;
- Adjust and suggest innovative solutions to current constraints and business policies;
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Must Haves: 4+ years of Hands-on experience in a DevOps role.
- Virtualization: Docker/KVM/QEMU/XEN/VMWare/Virtualbox/Vagrant
- Cloud/PaaS/IaaS: Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Google App/Compute Engine (GAE/GCE)/Microsoft Azure/Kubernetes/Docker Swarm/CloudFoundry/Openshift
- Infrastructure provisioning/testing:Terraform/Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Saltstack/Habitat/Serverspec/Goss/InSpec
- Scripting languages: Ruby/Python/Shell scripting
- Linux/Unix: Debian/Ubuntu/RedHat/CentOS
- Continuous Delivery: GoCD/Jenkins/Teamcity/Bamboo/ConcourseCI
- Version Control: Git/SVN
Nice to have:
- Web servers/Application servers: nginx/Apache/Traefik/Tomcat/Jetty
- Databases: MySQL/MariaDB/PostgreSQL/Oracle/Elasticsearch/MongoDB/Cassandra/Redis