Diversity & Inclusion Specialist - ThoughtWorks India.
Being Diverse and Inclusive has always been important at TW’s. Diversity and Inclusion are interwoven into the fabric of the organisation and in many ways defines who we are.
As a Diversity and Inclusion specialist you will help drive initiatives in areas of Gender Diversity (Women inTech and Women in Leadership), LGBTQ+, Generational, Class, Regional and other forms of diversity, as well as efforts to find a diverse talent pool. Inclusion in the workplace is also a key area of focus, this will include retention and policies and advancement and opportunity initiatives. You should have a passion for this space and are expected to be good at communicating with and influencing those around you.
D&I Specialist key expectations -
- Help drive key D&I initiatives at TWI across all 6 offices along with the local teams and groups - Eg. LGBTQ+ or Women in TW.
- You will interface with the recruitment team, marketing team, People/HR team and office level leadership teams across offices.
- Drive, prioritise and collaborate on D&I agenda successfully in line with businesses objectives.
- Understand external trends and best practices and have the ability to translate them internally.
- Maintain relationships with diversity-related businesses, with the intention of working together.
- Help drive initiatives in offices, ERG’s via programs and trainings.
- Help review the organisation workplace, policies and procedures, ensuring that these are all inclusive.
- Help drive organising events, meet-ups etc. internal and external.
- Drive day to day operational and administrative work that will include reporting, follow-ups etc. Support the creation of D&I communications (decks, emails, articles etc)
- You should be proactive and good at communicating effectively both internally and sometimes externally.
As D&I specialist you should understand that our actions and decisions are driven by our values. At the same time, you should stay business focused and should be able to empathize and collaborate across leadership, teams and individuals. You should be able to hold many different possibilities and conflicting viewpoints in mind and work through to a solution along with the core team.
Experience - 4years to 8 years.