Our Solutions Architect will be working with clients across a variety of sectors and domains to showcase Thoughtworks' unique differentiators in Cloud Native Modernization, taking a highly iterative approach to bring forward modernization returns on investment and ensure continuous value delivery. This role will be driving and implementing continuous improvement to the whole process of presales, through the harvesting of better defined next step action, better delivery lead time and quality of proposal, based on the offerings of our service lines accounts to engage clients with offering technical advice and solutions.
- Work closely with the sales people and senior stakeholders to create a complete solution proposal and/or delivery plan that includes a unique selling point, pricing, functional and technical requirements, data and security blueprint, resource planning, and timeline during the pre-sales stage.
- Be responsible for designing and delivering advanced solutions that incorporate a diverse range of technologies. You will use a combination of agile and planned approaches to provide innovative solutions that meet the specific needs of clients.
- Work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, such as client executives, partners, external vendors, and project members to successfully manage and deliver solutions during the implementation stage.
- Evangelizing and advocating for Platform Engineering and Platform Thinking, curating To-Be Reference Architectures and harvesting cross-cutting reusable components, shared services and core frameworks.
- Establishing key forward engineering practices, aligned to the client’s modernization charter and talent uplift objectives.
- Effectively communicating technical vision, mentoring client and Thoughtworker technical leaders on approach and execution of solutions, coaching on technologies and establishing a team-wide comprehension of solution capabilities and direction.
- Actively keep up to date with new technologies and promote the adoption of new initiatives both for clients and internally.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in designing and implementing large scale distributed applications, with a preference for experience in consulting and have early experience in software development.
- Designing applications with a deep understanding in at least one of the following areas: Cloud computing, Blockchain, e-commerce, CRM solutions, data analytics, digital solutions such as websites and mobile apps, insurance-related platforms, AI-powered solutions, and digital transformation initiatives for government or public sectors.
- Experience as an architect and leading and inspiring cross-functional software development teams.
- Effective internal communication in lining up various stakeholders and/or business units in driving the solution development.
- Understanding of the practical application of agile development methods and leading software development teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment.
- Would be beneficial to have a strong understanding with practical experience in the following areas:
- One or more public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) along with value added services such as message queues, databases, etc
- Cloud native architecture styles (domain-driven design, microservices, serverless)
- Infrastructure as Code (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
- Modern API platform design (REST, gRPC, etc.)
- Experience on supporting creation of customer proposal documents (ie. SOW, RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc)
- Ability to articulate the “big picture” to delivery and client teams and understand cross functional inter-dependencies and impact,
- Able to lead and drive communication to project business requestor and their requirements.
- Strong business acumen in writing and speaking Cantonese, English and Mandarin - fluent in both Cantonese and English for leading technical discussions with senior management.
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
City: Hong Kong
Date Posted: 06-08-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Agradecemos seu interesse em ingressar na Thoughtworks. Nossa equipe de recrutamento analisará sua inscrição o mais rápido possível.
Enquanto isso, confira nossa página Vida de Consultoria para aprender mais sobre o impacto extraordinário que Thoughtworkers criam junto a clientes, na indústria de tecnologia e nas pessoas.
Note que valorizamos sua privacidade: todas as informações enviadas por meio de sua inscrição online serão mantidas em sigilo pela Thoughtworks.