ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Passionate programmers with expertise in developing native applications for the iOS platform. Hands-on experience of a minimum 5 - 9 years in mobile development is a must.
- Hands-on experience in Swift.
- People who have experience and understanding of a variety of mobile platforms and tool-sets.
- People who have the ability to judge and recommend appropriate platform choices given context about a particular application
- Have been through the entire lifecycle i.e. from conceptualisation, development to deployment of mobile apps
- Passion for writing clean and object oriented code, including good design patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with multiple programming paradigms and be open to learning new ones
- Interest in or experience of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum.
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
If you like to…
- Create and implement non-trivial, end to end business solutions on a variety of mobile platforms.
- Work with and influence large enterprises, innovative startups, as well as for non-profit organisations.
- Work in an Agile environment that values programmer practices like test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration (CI) based on Extreme Programming (XP) methodology.
- Work in collaborative, value-driven teams to build innovative customer experiences for our clients
- Apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills