Do you want to implement future-focused solutions for our clients’ most complex problems AND make an impact by managing, enhancing and unifying our client’s lifeline of applications and systems ?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our engineers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare. They’ve been constantly working with many huge corporations to help them assess, sustain, improve and unify their complex system of business critical applications.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure sustenance of their business critical applications, evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, Build and Run a bold new mobile application for a bank, redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines or influence the lifecycle of a legacy or a modernized application. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and contribute to revolutionizing the way operations are executed by evolving the run to be highly automated and intelligence driven, thus challenging yourself each day.
You’ll spend time on:
- Gaining the understanding of complex application systems and find your way through them to debug a business impacting issue
- Performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and leveraging your debugging skills to provide timely solutions to customer issues
- Following standards and best practices to bring operational efficiencies, stability, and availability of the system
- Leveraging your skills on the various application monitoring metrics and tooling and using them to generate reports and take corrective actions
- Leveraging your knowledge regarding the different Logging techniques (various levels) and use them for alerting, monitoring and RCA
- Championing best practices like writing clean and reusable code using practices like OO design, pair programming and Solid design principles
- Partnering with other technologists from cross-functional teams
- Leveraging your experience and deep technical understanding in working towards making the system a constantly evolving one, be it automating certain areas or refactoring code to improve efficiency and performance.
- Learning, digesting and subsequently applying the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Efficiently utilizing DevOps tools and practices to build and deploy software
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 2+ years* experience with Java+(SpringBoot) or .Net
- You have exposure to one of the cloud platforms AWS, Azure or GCP
- You can write clean, high-quality code in a variety of languages and are also able to spot (and improve) bad code
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have experience with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
- You are willing to be part of a need based 24x7 availability team on rotation
Good to have :
- Experience working with one of the cloud platforms AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience working with one or more databases like MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Experience working with customer-facing large scale enterprise applications
- Experience working with monitoring and alerting tools and other mechanisms to identify issues proactively