<<Todas nuestras posiciones se encuentran abiertas para personas con discapacidad>>
Want to work in an inclusive, supportive environment where you can freely voice your ideas and opinions?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare
As consultants, we work close to our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Our entry-level consultants jumpstart their careers with ThoughtWorks University (TWU): our immersive five-week training program. And it’s important to call out that we consider tech talent from all walks of life. Whether you’re a Computer Science major with less than 1 year of professional experience, a coding boot camp graduate or a “career changer” who is working toward becoming a software developer, you have the opportunity to join our community.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will learn to examine end-to-end processes in addition to backend testing, ensuring quality is embedded throughout
- You will provide input for and champion system testability
- You will work alongside teammates from different backgrounds to produce awesome solutions for our clients’ ambitious missions
- You will produce and implement test strategies during the software development process
- Champion high-functioning teams and enable transitions where necessary
- Extend your passion for quality assurance practices to enabling the client, helping coach a client’s team to adopt a testing mindset
- Advocate QA expertise to the broader tech community outside of ThoughtWorks, speaking at conferences and acting as a mentor for more junior-level QAs
- You get excited to focus on cross-functional requirements such as performance and security when things go wrong
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a QA
- You can apply your ‘test’ mindset to exploring and understanding other teammates’ perspectives and can foster a common idea of quality with all project participants
- You can zoom out to the big picture and identify gaps in quality
- A basic understanding of testing applications from a security perspective in order to deliver secured quality software to our clients
- You understand analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- You thrive in a collaborative and non-hierarchical environment
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
A few important things to know:
Most of our projects are with international clients, so availability to travel (once the pandemic is over) and a good spoken English level are important requirements.
We also welcome applications from applicants based in cities other than Quito, we are offering remote contracts if needed.