Want to make your mark designing bespoke products for companies across a variety of industries?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Thoughtworks is a pioneer in integrating experience design with agile software delivery. Our designers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complex problems with the discipline needed to get high-quality working software into the hands of our clients and customers. Designers at Thoughtworks creatively solve the right problems. We work collaboratively to deliver bespoke software and take on the most challenging problems our clients have.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will play an active role in the delivery and design of technology projects that transform how our clients work while developing new digital products and services
- Collaborate with small, cross-functional teams to create a wide range of experience design deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, roadmaps, prototypes, and design systems
- You love facilitating workshops, developing unique design strategies for products and you'll take part in making strategic decisions at the portfolio level
- Behind the scenes, you apply various research methods such as context analysis, moderated interviews, experiments and user tests
- Set up inspiring design hypotheses for delivery teams that consist of both Thoughtworkers and our customers
- Ensure that project scope, risks and updates are regularly assessed and communicated
- Balance client and Thoughtworker expectations by clearly communicating experience design deliverables
- Extend your expertise to teammates by supporting less-experienced designers when possible
- Advocate experience design expertise to the broader community outside of Thoughtworks, speaking at conferences, webinars, meetups and more
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+yrs experience in User Experience Design .
- You’re well versed in all things experience design with specialities in at least three additional areas such as user research, service design, digital product design, interface design, visual design or other design-related disciplines
- You’re comfortable leading and advising research activities on experience design projects, employing different methods such as contextual inquiry, moderated interviews, experiments, user testing, etc.
- You are an experienced storyteller able to clearly present your research methods and it’s findings to your stakeholders
- You bring an inspiring, unique approach to product design and love facilitating client brainstorms and internal sessions with your team
- You’re happy to design solo or collaborate with designers/developers to create a wide range of experience design deliverables
- You understand the importance of stakeholder management and can easily liaise between clients and other key stakeholders throughout projects, ensuring buy-in and gaining trust along the way
- A knack for communicating and defining project roles to your design teammates with the ability to build confidence in others
- A passion for contributing to the growing experience design community at Thoughtworks through peer reviews, expanding design teams’ understanding of group dynamics and ensuring consistency in the quality of design
We would love it if you shared a portfolio link that showcases your expertise in Digital products - Web and Mobile. Enterprise / SaaS Experience in your experience is essential.