ThoughtWorks crafts solutions that cover the entire lifecycle of large-scale problems for our clients from ideation through implementation, in complex technical environments. We offer consulting, development and advisory services to help our clients define their strategy, solution architecture and deliver outcomes that provide tangible business benefits.
ThoughtWorks are looking to continue their journey in building perfection in all their key sectors through the right talent, clients, approaches, and engagements.
To move this forward in earnest we are searching for a passionate and driven individual to take charge of our Retail new business development/ sales pipeline. This is an unusual chance to define future and current demand pipelines in this exciting sector, during a period of significant growth and evolution of our service offerings.
The role of Commercial Lead Retail, reporting to the UK Head of Business Development and as a core community member of the Global Retail Demand engine. Overall responsibility is for the establishment of long-term business success and to nurture and grow our already extensive blue-chip client list.
This is a pivotal commercial role with the responsibility for owning the management of existing strategic clients, as well as for driving plans on how to undertake business development within this domain.
ThoughtWorks have forged excellent links at the highest levels with many of the major players in the Retail industry and we are looking to extend strategies to amplify these relationships, ensuring sustainable growth based on the quality of our people and our work.
Key responsibilities for this role would include:
- You will have responsibility for the cultivation, evolution, and safeguarding of all new UK Retail business development.
- You will lead the UK Retail domain, responsible for new key account management.
- Your close partnership with EU/ UK Management and Marketing teams, to foster energy and support for developing projects and new market propositions alike.
- You will build investment strategies to strengthen and progress the sector through a multi year evolutionary approach
- You will pair with ThoughtWorks Retail SME (subject matter expert) and Retail HoT (Head of Technology)
Whilst this is a fully commercial role, ThoughtWorks are a “technology at core” Organisation. We have found that technical leaders who possess a deep understanding of the key aspects of agile and/or lean practices can often navigate our organisation ethos and goals for these sector lead roles more adeptly than traditional Commercial Managers or Directors. With this in mind ThoughtWorks are seeking a broad range of key skill sets to match the very exciting proposition we are working towards.
- You are an extraordinary communicator, who can influence at board level, while being flexible and adaptable enough to collaborate with internal teams on complex delivery solutions.
- You can bring in a broad network of industry contacts to improve and strengthen ThoughtWorks’ presence in the market, and to develop our external technical communities.
- Your networks within the community will ensure that we are deft at attracting and retaining the best talent, who you can motivate and derive the best from.
- You manifest a track record of fostering growth and the experience of handling in excess of £20m worth of new business per annum.
- You will have led and developed high calibre teams looking to thrive in frenetic fast-growing conditions and have the ability to bring order, structure, and direction.
- You exemplify high EQ and IQ in order to work with empathy in an organisation with a very creative culture of talented people.
- You should be technically astute in the latest technology trends and practices including IaaS, Microservices, Functional Languages, Open Source Data Analytics tools, Infrastructure and Continuous Deployment.
- You are well versed in agile and lean practices and programmes, and should be able to demonstrate functional understanding of how these projects are executed.
- You have excelled at Executive level customer relationship management, and can thrive via a reciprocal and un-hierarchical work style.
- You are comfortable finding you way in an ambiguous environment, you thrive on autonomy and willing to be held accountable for your actions and results.
We proudly, actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call ThoughtWorks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!