About us ...
ThoughtWorks seeks to solve our clients’ toughest technology problems in the most effective way. We hire talented, passionate people and empower them to work collaboratively and innovatively to deliver the highest possible value to our clients - fast. In everything we undertake we are seeking to improve working practices with the ultimate aim of revolutionising the IT industry.
We are a technology consultancy with an enviable track record of delivering real business value. We employ over 180 people across Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney and have served dozens of Australian and international clients across a variety of industries including financial services, telecommunications and online media to name just a few. We are in growth mode right now and are looking to hire great Developers!
At ThoughtWorks, no two days are the same. Monday might have you learning a new programming language; Tuesday we might enlist your help for a new client bid. Then it’s onto a client site where each client has a unique problem making each assignment challenging and different from your last.
If you like the buzz of learning something new, as well as continuously challenging yourself, then we should talk further. If you like to sit with your cup of coffee, play your game of solitaire and go home at 5pm, then we shouldn't.
Passionate innovaters ...
We’ve been at the forefront of innovation on Java platform for a long time, and while most companies were building applications using bloatware, we have pioneered the use of POJOs, Dependency Injection and lightweight frameworks.
We’ve made significant contributions to the Open Source community via projects like CruiseControl, JMock, Selenium and XStream. But we’re also a Microsoft Gold Partner and our people provide thought-leadership to key Microsoft initiatives such as the Patterns and Practices effort.
We’ve been championing Ruby on Rails for years now, and are leaders in the Devops and Cloud Computing space. Our Geek nights are full of passionate discussion about people’s latest interests; things like behaviour driven development, cloud computing and languages like Scala, Boo and Erlang.
We’re after folks that are …
- Passionate about coding. Your idea of fun is probably to write an app in your spare time, perhaps to help you to aggregate your online shopping alerts, or to help your personal trainer to set up a website that drives business for them.
- Keen to work collaboratively with intelligent people, sharing your ideas to solve real business problems.
- Capable of developing new software within complex, enterprise environments using Java J2EE, C# or Ruby on Rails.
- Interested in or have had experience of Agile Methodologies, and if you haven’t worked in an Agile or Lean environment you’ll know all about them.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment.
The Small Print...
We like to do things differently here, so we're seeking a creative approach to problem-solving. We will ask you to write code as part of your interview process, so be prepared!
If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety and challenge every day, whilst working with a consultancy that’s at the forefront of technology and methodology innovation, then we should talk.
ThoughtWorks is able to offer Visa Sponsorship for suitable candidates.