As a Technical Lead you inspire teams to create custom software that delivers real business value, while sharing the craft of software development with clients, delivery teams and the community at large.
You understand and achieve balance between technical innovation and what’s right for the client by understanding the business vision and making appropriate technology choices. While a portion of your time will be devoted to hands-on coding, you often find yourself pairing with developers to support and mentor effective delivery teams.
ThoughtWorks technologists are recognised worldwide for their contribution to state of the art modern software delivery. Through open source projects, blog posts, conference presentations and more, our people consistently lead innovation in the industry.
In this role you will:
Design and build software
- Design innovative, evolutionary architectures
Support and lead people
- Build and mentor delivery teams
- Write code alongside your development team
- Facilitate problem solving and work together to make them reality.
- Grow the next generation of technical leaders and make a positive impact on the industry
Inspire quality and collaboration
- Set a technical vision and ensure clients are satisfied
- Advocate agile practices and Continuous Delivery
- Champion Cross-functional Requirements
- Be an ambassador of ThoughtWorks and safeguard our reputation
- Build relationships with business people
Your Skills & Knowledge:
You have hands-on architecture, design, development, and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies. You have lead development on large, custom-built applications and may have worked in both startups and large enterprises in the past.
You know what it takes to build great software--knowing how and when to apply ideas like abstraction, encapsulation, composition and polymorphism across a variety of languages and programming styles.
You know the tools and techniques of Continuous Delivery including relentless automation, small batch releases, infrastructure as code, deployment pipelines and an emphasis on testing at all levels. You advocate rapid feedback cycles and continuous improvement.
You should have several of these attributes:
- Technical depth: understand the hosting requirements for a modern software stack including security, cloud architectures, containers, networks and platforms.
- Communicative: share technical vision at high and low levels to technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Focus on quality: demonstrate and teach good coding practices like Refactoring, Test-driven Development, Domain Driven Design.
- Innovative: work in a forward thinking, open source-centric environment.
At ThoughtWorks you work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent and non-hierarchal culture where talent is valued over a role title. You are able to develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path and focus on what makes you passionate.
ThoughtWorks is a global company of passionate technologists. We specialize in disruptive thinking, cutting-edge technology, and a hard-line focus on delivery. Our clients have ambitious missions to change their industry, their government, and their society. We provide software design and delivery, pioneering tools and consulting to help them succeed.
If this sounds like an environment where you can share your craft and learn, grow, and thrive alongside great people, please apply. We would love to hear from you.