New York, USA
The ThoughtWorks Digital Platform Strategy (DPS) offers a holistic approach unleashing the power an enterprise already possesses. By combining tailored platform solutions with powerful strategic guidance, we collaborate with our partners to build and execute on a strategy to facilitate innovation, reduce time to market, and deliver unique competitive advantage.
As a Solutions Architect, you play a key role in transforming current state systems and integration architecture into a pure digital platform of Microservices and APIs to enable new business capabilities, rapid experimentation, and continuous delivery for our largest clients.
You are a thought leader in the architecture of distributed systems, with experience in organizations that operate like startups as well as traditional enterprises. Your consulting efforts will cross the spectrum from driving the creation of technology strategy to advising during execution. You will be working beside clients’ executives as well as software engineers to build digital platforms and solve our clients’ most interesting technology challenges.
As a Solutions Architect, here's what we'll be looking for you to bring:
- You have Subject Matter Expertise in most of the following areas:
- Business capability and domain modeling, including an understanding of domain driven design, including modeling of events
- Deep understanding of different integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous messaging, peer-to-peer, Publish-subscribe, distributed logs and RESTful APIs
- Microservices topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery and routing, etc.
- Enterprise security design in a Microservices architecture such as the role of Identity Providers and the Authentication / Authorization flow design
- Approaches to managing Architectural debt, Architecture governance and evolution in practice
- API lifecycle management and the corresponding technologiesYou can collaborate with diverse technical delivery teams to build service based architecture to scale and innovate
- You can design and build user-centric API ecosystems to drive new consumer experiences and unlock business capabilities
- You can speak to various API business models, including internal ROI
- You can help executives balance scorecards and KPIs with the API platform in mind
- You have strong facilitation skills ensure alignment to architectural vision
- You can articulate trade-offs and drive high-impact technology decisions on topics including (but not limited to) IaaS/PaaS providers, container orchestration, service mesh, API gateways, and commercial vs. open source software.
- Have experience with, and understand how to lead, legacy integration and remediation (facades, strangler approaches, et. al.)
- You understand the business risks and challenges that organizations face, and the need to align technical strategies with roadmaps that create business capability and opportunity.
- You understand that leadership is not something you do from far away; you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey. Strong stakeholder management and interaction at different levels is essential.
- You can create and guide the vision for evolutionary architecture and adoption roadmaps for our clients
There's no typical day or engagement for Technology Principals in this area of focus. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Collaborate with peers across multiple technology disciplines such as delivery infrastructure, data, and security.
- Lead workshops and group activities with delivery teams and executives
- Communicate team and organizational design approaches to decouple development efforts
- Help executives define measures and quantify the value of a digital platform and API strategy
- Train new technology leaders and developers on platform thinking
Regardless of what you do at ThoughtWorks, you’ll always have the opportunity to
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Learn something new everyday.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title.
- Travel the world.
- Speak at conferences.
- Write blogs and books.
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan.
- Be part of a company with Social and Economic Justice at the heart of its mission.
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so ThoughtWorkers should be flexible and open to extensive travel. While we do work with clients in our city, many of our consultants travel to other cities every week and fly home for weekends.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.