Belo Horizonte, Brasil
We are a global consultancy that builds custom applications for a diverse range of clients from media through banking to NGOs. We've traditionally been known for our expertise in software development, and we are constantly evolving the ‘next big thing’ in the tech industry.
ThoughtWorks is looking to hire an AP/AR Analyst based in our Belo Horizonte office to be part of our Centre of Excellence Team (CoE). If you have an eye for the analytical, a desire to learn and grow and a desire to work with a team of bright, driven finance professionals, then read on.
In ThoughtWorks there is no big company politics, we are collaborators, which means you’ll require quick thinking skills as well as the ability to view the bigger picture while at the same time being prepared to scale down into the details.
- Graduated or working thru on having a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or Economics.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable and Payable activities
- Good English, Spanish and Portuguese communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment and strong team work spirit
- Capable of receiving direct feedback from team members and willing to share experiences and ideas with your colleagues
- Open to learning and trying new approaches and options in order to improve yourself and the team’s performance
- The following words will describe you: Proactive, fast learner, problem solver, entrepreneur, organized, detail oriented with excellent analytical skills. You're the kind of person who just gets things done and that everyone likes working with
Your typical day duties will include:
- Receive and record vendor invoices in payables system and process vendor payment cycles, and offcycle payments
- Processes employee expenses in the payables system according to the payment schedule
- Processes monthly travel, Corporate Apartment and Hotel charges
- Receives and answers inquiries from vendors, clients or other business departments
- Creates client invoices, send to client and subsequent tracking through the approval process
- Generate analysis reports for clients and Project Manager as requested
- Timely monitors and processes client payments in PeopleSoft Financials
- Runs weekly aging report, and monitors initial follow-up for overdue client payments
- Maintains documents and data related to all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes
- Performs other duties such as financial reports and other relevant services as requested