Amazing human beings are the essence of exceptional organizations.
ThoughtWorks is a global IT consultancy providing Agile-based systems development and consulting services. We've pioneered many of the most advanced and successful Agile methods of software development and best practices used in the industry today. Our reputation has been built purely as a result of the caliber of people that have worked with us.
If you are reading this you are probably not new to recruiting but may be new to the way ThoughtWorks approaches recruiting. ThoughtWorks isn’t your average company, so you’ll have to be much more than the average recruiter.
It’s a role that requires exceptional creativity. We are growing our business aggressively year on year, we are competing for the top technical talent across Singapore and we are doing all of this while 100% committed to sustaining a socially-conscious and diverse organization. We are essentially Unicorn hunters.
As a Technical Recruiter, here's what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Come up with and execute local sourcing strategy so as to meet aggressive hiring goals.
- Help us continue to improve our ability to hire, qualify, assess and close.
- Be a knowledgeable hands-on full lifecycle recruiter across a variety of deeply technical roles from new graduates through to Principal Consultant-types. Our recruiters pride themselves on being mistaken for QAs, Analysts and even a Developer on occasion due to our understanding of roles and the business.
- Develop and nurture potential leads through IT communities, events and groups.
- Have inclusivity at the forefront of your minds and be willing to go above and beyond steps to create a workforce reflective of Singapore's diversity
- Be an ambassador for ThoughtWorks. You’ll often be the first ThoughtWorker people speak with, so you need to be great at understanding their motivators and determining if they’re an initial fit with the organization
- Articulate the risks and benefits of a hire. From the first time you speak with a potential ThoughtWorker, you are assessing their strengths and weaknesses so that we can make informed hiring decisions. We take risks, to be sure, but it’s your job to make sure we know exactly what those are for each potential hire.
- You’ll need to get comfortable advising the MD/Market Principal about hiring decisions, as you’ll play the role of hiring manager as well as recruiter
Here's what you'll bring:
- 3 to 10 years of hands-on technology recruiting experience. Creativity, innovation and pitbull like tenacity to not only find but hire Unicorns.
- The mindset that you are part of a consultative and strategic business function and not transactional order taker.
- Passion about recruiting, about people and about making recruitment a strategic differentiator to your employer
- Experience working in an innovative, quality-focused and fast-paced in-house recruiting environment
- Team attitude. It’s takes a village and we are not looking for lone rangers.
- Strong understanding of social media tools and its impact on/usefulness for recruiting
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain strong people networks
- Great rapport-building and interviewing skills
- Experience using creative methods to source highly sought after technical talent
- Track record of innovation. You are over LinkedIn.
- Excited that ThoughtWorks is a values-driven organization that seeks to make a difference in the world, rather than just accepting the status quo and hiring what’s easy.
- Fanatical belief in the power of software and technology as tools for social change
If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that will see you challenging your own pre-conceptions of how recruiting is done, and giving you your greatest career high to date, then we should talk.