We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The people in ThoughtWorks Singapore are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with the people who wrote the tools they would like to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
Examples of some of our current/recent projects:
- High-priority national Smart Nation projects with the Singapore Government developed in native/hybrid Android and iOS & other web technologies
- Working with Micro-frontends and Event Driven Architecture with our banking clients (GraphQL, Kafka, Kotlin, ReactJS etc.)
- Replatforming existing systems to a microservices approach and building custom applications, while consulting our clients on their vision and product strategy.
As a Polyglot Developer at ThoughtWorks, you’ll get to:
- Directly guide the technical strategy for our clients
- Build out a new capability within ThoughtWorks - perhaps for Mobile, Big Data or DevOps
- Explore ways to improve our business relevance for customers
- Speak at conferences, get published
- Influence and shape our client portfolio
What's your background?
- You have 12+ years of experience and a thorough understanding of different architectures, tools & languages
- You can guide consulting clients through today's significant technical challenges
- You have the credibility and gravitas to operate to work closely with our demand team on pre-sales
- You are capable of coding and beginning an implementation to get a project off the ground
- You act as an advisor to C-level executives to define and deliver the technical strategy
- You love coding. Even if your recent roles have taken you away from being as hands-on as you might like, you've no doubt found other ways to keep your coding skills from getting too rusty and we expect that you'll have had exposure to recent technologies
- You have a rich breadth of experience and are equally comfortable talking financial projections or business process modelling as you are advocating for TDD
- You have experience with languages such as Core Java, Java EE, C#, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Android, iOS, Python, Scala or Clojure.
- You really understand the business context of the challenges that organisations face and distinguish yourself in the way you articulate this with clients to create and deliver robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant software solutions that truly transform industries
- Leadership is not something you do from far away, you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
There's no typical day or engagement for our Principal Consultants. You might spend a few weeks with a new client or be full-time on delivery project for 12 months. It's varied and you thrive on these different challenges. We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services. We employ an autonomous, self-management work culture, with very little hierarchy.
If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, please apply online and refer here
to know more about our interview process. we want to hear from you!