ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We are dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organisations with ambitious missions - whether in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. ThoughtWorks aspire to be a better business and strive to have a positive impact in the world. We are a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals. In our 20th year, over 2300 ThoughtWorkers are currently serving clients from offices across 11 countries. We are seeking passionate technologists who share our mission. We want hackers, philosophers, activists – courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
As a Project Manager, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Learn something new everyday
- Travel the world
- Speak at conferences
- Write blogs and books
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Partner with clients to formulate and deliver exceptional business value through process change and software delivery
- Enable and inspire diverse delivery teams through leadership
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development Project Management best practices
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Shape the future of ThoughtWorks by leading and/or contributing to communities within ThoughtWorks
- Join the continuous (and passionate!) debates around topics from the the “burn-up” vs. “burn-down” debate to which type of work best fits our people and our values
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- A comprehensive enterprise-wide view and understanding of business processes and drivers through working experience in large – medium size business corporations
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. So whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a time, you thrive at adapting to changing environments.
- A servant leadership style with the ability to keep the customer and teams’ needs ahead of your own
- Evidence of managing organizational politics and multiple work streams
- Demonstrated ability to keep the long-term solution in focus and plan for risk
- Experience rescuing projects and turning them around, both small and large scale
- Experience contributing on a development team as a developer, tester, or analyst
- Foreign language skills in German, Italian and Turkish would be an advantage
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Many of our consultants travel every week and travel home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
Our Europe offices are in Manchester, Hamburg & London. Relocation isn't necessary if you live in one of these cities. If you live elsewhere, please let us know to which one you are willing to relocate to.
Please apply if you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges every day.
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.