Do things differently
We are a company that is synonymous with innovation in the delivery of complex software. We are a company that is passionate about collaboration. We help our clients to reduce the risk of their projects failing. We've been at the forefront of innovation around Agile methods for a long time now. Whether it's finding ways to elicit user requirements, introducing story walls, making distributed Agile a reality or introducing the concept of self-managed teams to our clients, we find ways to help technology deliver real business value. Add to this our recognition as innovators in the technical world, and you'll start to see why working here is refreshingly different.
As an Interface Developer at ThoughtWorks, you will be working closely with creative and technical teams to produce solutions that are in line with both design requirements and technical functionality. The role requires expert front-end development skills and a solid understanding of user-centered design principles.
Working collaboratively within a team, you will be responsible for building out design patterns and interactive prototypes. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, client facing environment, so strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and pro-actively, whilst promoting best practices, are critical.
Please note that the role may involve frequent travel in the UK and possibly abroad.
We take our hiring very seriously..
So to be considered you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Creative online design experience within a digital environment
- Considerable experience of developing and delivering interactive applications
- Comfortable working with images in creative applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of accessible design guidelines
- Experience of working in an agile software development environment
- Proven experience with rapid, iterative low- and high-fidelity prototyping
- Comfortable working with different design styles and providing creative input
- Understanding of user-centered design principles
- Appreciation of developing concepts in line with client branding and values
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
The following are also highly desirable:
- Experience of working in an onsite, consultancy environment
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve