ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organizations with ambitious missions – whether they’re in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed.
As Lead Creative Designer you will:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional agile team
- Understand user needs in order to design the right thing
- Encourage excellence in design on every ThoughtWorks project
- Inspire innovative thinking amongst your colleagues and clients
- Learn about and communicate current and emerging technologies and trends
- Represent ThoughtWorks at conferences and meet-ups, challenging the design status-quo
- Analyse complex business and system problems and solve them visually
- Enjoy working in a transparent and ego-free culture that values talent over titles
- Develop your career by focusing on what you are passionate about
You will bring:
- Ability to take ideas from concept to execution, supporting the design throughout delivery
- Excellent Interaction Design and User Research skills
- Solid understanding of UCD/HCI principles
- Visual Design and/or User Interface Engineering experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of heuristic design principles and information architecture
- Experience of working as part of a software development team
- Agile software delivery practices (strongly preferred)
- Experience of mentoring others and promoting Lean and Agile practices (bonus)
- Mobile application and responsive web design experience (bonus)
- Server-side programming languages (bonus)
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you'll be flexible about travel.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
To apply please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. Our recruiters will be in touch.
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.