ThoughtWorks is looking for Lead Software Developers who are passionate about coding excellence, to help shape the delivery of client engagements and ensure value is being delivered at each iteration.
As a Lead Developer at ThoughtWorks, you will:
- Guide teams to a shared vision of what is being delivered
- Be a mentor and role model to less experienced developers
- Employ Agile development practices across the team and client
- Solve challenging problems in a team-oriented environment
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, friendly culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Have the freedom to develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you're passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
What experience does a Lead Software Developer typically have?
- Over a decade of software development experience with one or more object-oriented languages (Java, C#, Ruby), with recent focus on Agile software delivery
- Have helped lead development on large, custom-built applications
- Passion for software engineering and its' modern principles such as test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience leading streams of work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We have a commitment to diversity, and our people are what makes ThoughtWorks a great place to work. We build software for a wide variety of people so we think that a wide variety of people should build our software. We abhor and reject discrimination and inequality, and promote diversity in all its forms. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve.
To hear what our developers think about working at ThoughtWorks, take a look here
In addition to all this, we have some great extra benefits including a generous training budget and one of the best parental leave packages in Australia.
If you want to get more information or apply, use the links and we will be in touch soon.
If you haven't got a CV updated, that's no problem. Please provide a link to any websites or online profiles you want us to take a look at and simply upload a document that lists the top three things you think we should know about you.
Here's an example from one of our developers:
- I started as a C# developer 8 years ago but don't like to limit myself to one programming language - I'm currently attending meet-ups to learn Scala
- I have a 10 year old daughter who I am teaching (with some success) how to code
- I am passionate about TDD, CI and CD and have introduced these methods in my last two jobs
You can upload this info in a document via the CV / Resume link.