ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. We’re dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, Agile and open-source. Our clients are organizations with ambitious missions, for whom we deliver complex enterprise systems.
We are looking for strong Business Analysts with deep domain expertise in Retail and the ability to engage with CXOs on business & technology challenges and solutioning.
As a Retail Business Analyst in the Supply chain and Logistics space, you need to:
- A minimum of 6 years experience in Supply chain and Logistics management space preferably in eCommerce, Retail or Technology industry is a must.
- Solid understanding in execution of supply chain processes focusing on order fulfilment, procurement, warehousing and transportation.
- Knowledge of logistics and inventory management is necessary.
- Ability to keep informed and up-to date with the latest happenings in the Supply chain and logistics space
- Be a subject matter expert and manage end-to-end client engagements through solutions for the current and future functional roadmaps, recommendations during development and execution through adoption facilitation, workshops, training, etc.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented, with a positive proactive attitude and a high degree of initiative.
- Have good exposure to microservices based architecture and ability to understand API documentation
- Ability to study and analyze the underlying systems and their dependencies, understand data flow between systems
- Exposure to business/ domain modelling techniques to express requirements and concepts
- Have demonstrated experience of working successfully with development teams to deliver bespoke software
- Have a consulting mindset with excellent communication and presentation skills in engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders and building credibility as a trusted advisor through proven delivery of innovative solutions for complex problems in the Retail space
- Be able to consult senior stakeholders, of retail and product organizations building retail products, on building the product vision and roadmap, by striking the right balance between what’s needed now and the future.
- Have good exposure to working with varied retailers globally and in India
- Have exposure to working in retail analytics and leverage it to drive data informed decisions for the product and the business
- Have the desire to create and build custom solutions in the retail domain
- Have significant experience dealing with retail CXOs, helping them solution and succeed
- Be able to lead and execute client engagements at the highest quality and customer satisfaction
- Have strong facilitation and communication skills and experience of leading workshops
- Have experience prioritizing competing demands from stakeholders with ability to get buy-in and resolve conflicts
- Openness to contradictory opinions and flexibility in your thinking
- A willingness to get into diverse projects and situations and work with ambiguity
- Experience with modeling business processes utilizing a variety of tools and techniques
- Have some experience with Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
As a Retail Business Analyst at ThoughtWorks, you’ll get to:
- Work with Retailers on their most challenging problems and be a part of a growing Retail practice
- Help in Business Development efforts, Identify and generate leads
- Assess product/business opportunities for existing and prospective clients and proactively help prepare engagement proposals that can help systematically convert them into valuable, feasible and usable products in support of the retailers business goals
- Build bespoke software using the latest technologies and tools
- Facilitate and lead workshops that generate ideas and content for solutions
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices
- Think beyond software delivery and advise retailers on strategies in the retail space that satisfies user needs and achieves desired business outcomes
- ‘Bridge the divide’ between key groups involved in the product development lifecycle in ‘making things happen’ in support of the product/business vision
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative and non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience
- Be accountable for the shipping product/project releases on time through close collaboration with agile product development teams and the extended client organization when staffed as a billable role on client engagements
- Work collaboratively with clients and travel if required during project inception and delivery. We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you'll be flexible about project location, and willing to travel as part of your role.