Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Are you able to simultaneously see the big picture while understanding the minutiae of a project? Do you excel when you need to switch between business and technical context?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn to use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
ThoughtWorks North America is looking for a Technical Sales Director to support the Business Development Managers in securing new work to add to our portfolio of clients. This individual will report to the Head of New Business and provide overall support for the success of a new account. This will include navigating new business through deal review, legal approval, and coordination with staffing and capabilities to ensure our supply of talent matches the shape of the engagement. This is a new position that will require understanding and articulating the overall business capabilities of the offerings from ThoughtWorks as well as alignment with our Services to provide the appropriate engagement model. You will also be responsible for helping to build sales strategy with the BDMs, earning and building trust with our clients to enable long term relationships.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Representing a ThoughtWorks point of view throughout the process of opportunity qualification, development, shaping, and deal review
- Providing the “voice of technology” in all interactions. Helping to balance the “voice of demand” and partnering to find the best projects for ThoughtWorks
- Supporting the Business Development Managers and position alignment of solutions across service lines, markets and disciplines
- Ability to share the ThoughtWorks perspective while also leveraging a broader industry perspective
- Unwavering attention on potential target clients with an expertise to sell premium, not commoditized, services
- Particular attention to sales goals and targets with ability to forecast outcomes accurately
- Establishing and maintaining trusted advisor status through high impact client interaction
- Contribute to the growth of our evolving business by actively participating in team meetings and work groups
- At least one decade of experience with a substantial IT services consulting firm.
- Solid understanding of custom application development, delivery, and business development.
- Experience dealing with both business and IT C-level execs and others in an organization.
- Experience navigating both business and technical discussions as needed to close a deal.
- Experience creating supporting commercial documents such as proposals, margin tools, statements of work
A few important things to know:
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, travel is not required for this role at the moment. We anticipate the need for travel to our client locations in the future when it’s deemed safe.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.