Do you gravitate towards opportunities to add organisation and structure when others shy away? Do you excel at bringing a sense of clarity to ambiguous situations?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
For every successful team, there’s a Project Manager: the organisational and operational whiz who ensures that everyone has what they need to deliver on time. Project Managers are able to simultaneously work backwards and forwards, creating release plans, building delivery roadmaps and establishing the inclusive dynamics that a team needs to succeed. In addition to impacting ThoughtWorkers, Project Managers also extend their collaborative mindset to the client, making sure that T’s are crossed and I’s are dotted to keep the road to delivery clear.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will coordinate all project work streams and encourage all team members to participate in decision making
- You will support and inspire incredibly talented delivery teams while discussing problems, risks, results and progress of the project
- You will create and oversee release plans for iterative and incremental delivery of value and be accountable for iteration planning, tracking, reporting, delivery scope, prioritisation, estimates, risks, and financials for the client engagement
- You will bring innovative and fresh ideas to project management, pushing the boundaries of how project managers can deliver exceptional business value
- Orchestrate the design and building of critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Establish a delivery roadmap and plans that support the client's business strategies and objectives
- Facilitate a group of intelligent, talented, and opinionated professionals who work together as a team and ensure a healthy project environment for people, boosting team performance
- Establish an effective relationship with the client, including mediating disagreements in order to maintain the health and productivity for everyone involved
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you are passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Ensure that the ThoughtWorks team delivers what the customer is expecting and be a coach and provide feedback, directing the development of each team member
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have ample experience managing enterprise projects with end-to-end responsibility of project delivery
- You’re comfortable with release planning, estimation, capacity planning, proposal building and managing project financials
- An understanding of various software development approaches (traditional, agile and etc) and have the ability to consult clients on the best approaches applicable to their scenarios
- You like the idea of a flat hierarchy and enjoy facilitating and organising sessions to promote collaboration
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don’t shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skilfully manage them
- You are eager to coach, mentor and motivate others and you aspire to influence teammates to take positive action and accountability for their work
- Cultivating strong partnerships comes naturally to you: you understand the importance of relationship building and how it can bring new opportunities to our business
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, child care vouchers, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call ThoughtWorks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!