Amazing human beings are the essence of exceptional organizations.
ThoughtWorks is a global IT consultancy providing Agile-based systems development and consulting services. We've pioneered many of the most advanced and successful Agile methods of software development and best practices used in the industry today. Our reputation has been built purely as a result of the caliber of people that have worked with us.
If you are reading this you are probably not new to recruiting but may be new to the way ThoughtWorks approaches recruiting. ThoughtWorks’ aim is quite simple; recruit and retain seriously talented people who want to add business value on high technology projects.
It’s a role that requires exceptional creativity. We are growing our business year on year; we are competing for the top technical talent across North America and we are doing all of this while 100% committed to sustaining a socially-conscious and diverse organization.
As a Senior Technical Recruiter, here's what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Come up with and execute local sourcing strategy so as to meet our hiring goals. You’ll be at the helm of recruiting in your market and everyone will be looking to you for direction
- Help us continue to improve our ability to hire, qualify, assess and close. No one-trick ponies allowed
- Be a knowledgeable, hands-on full lifecycle recruiter across a variety of deeply technical roles from new graduates through to Principal level-types
- Develop and nurture potential leads through technical communities, events and groups
- Have inclusivity at the forefront of your mind and be willing to go above and beyond to create a workforce reflective of North America’s diversity
- Review lots of resumes and online profiles and proactively reach out to amazing technical talent in the market
- Be an ambassador for ThoughtWorks. You’ll often be the first ThoughtWorker people speak with, so you need to be great at understanding their motivators and determining if they’re an initial fit with the organization
- Sell ThoughtWorks to potential ThoughtWorkers; whether via telephone interview or a face to face meeting, you are responsible for getting people excited about us and making sure that they understand our culture and organization
- Create amazing experiences. You will make sure that potential ThoughtWorkers are meeting the right interviewers and we’re looking after them at every stage of the process. We want to ensure that each candidate comes away with a positive experience with us
- Articulate the risks and benefits of each hire. From the first time you speak with a potential ThoughtWorker, you are assessing their strengths and weaknesses so that we can make informed hiring decisions. We take risks, to be sure, but it’s your job to make sure we know exactly what those are for each potential hire.
- Be comfortable advising the MD/Market Principal about hiring decisions, as you’ll play the role of hiring manager as well as recruiter
Here's what you'll bring:
- Passion about recruiting, about people and about making recruitment a strategic differentiator to your employer
- Demonstrated experience in technical recruiting and sourcing
- Experience working in an innovative, quality-focused and fast-paced in-house recruiting environment
- Team attitude. It takes a village and we are not looking for lone rangers.
- Great rapport-building and interviewing skills
- The mindset that you are part of a consultative and strategic business function and not transactional order-taker
- Strong understanding of Web 2.0/social networking and its impact on/usefulness for recruiting
- Demonstrable ability to build and maintain strong people networks
- Experience using creative methods to source highly sought-after after technical talent
- Excited that ThoughtWorks is a values-driven organization that seeks to make a difference in the world, rather than just accepting the status quo and hiring what’s easy
- Fanatical belief in the power of software and technology as tools for social change
We like to do things differently here, so we’re seeking a creative approach to recruiting. If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety and challenge every day, we’d love to meet you.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.