This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer
ThoughtWorks is a technology consultancy with an enviable track record of delivering real business value to a multitude of customers. Globally we employ around 7,000 people. In Southeast Asia, we total around 200 people, with offices in Singapore and Bangkok.
We are looking for a passionate support analyst to join our Southeast Asia team. We provide smart and human-centered support across the business with an emphasis on the level of quality that we provide to our users. Our communication as a team, willingness to share our knowledge and continuous learning, are paramount to our success.
You will be working within a Site reliability engineering(SRE) team to provide best-in-class IT services to users across Southeast Asia. The team is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. Our approach to IT support and maintenance is focusing on the Digital Product Evolution (DPE) strategy. Instead of ticket handling and heavy processes, DPE shifts the focus from maintenance to evolution of technology assets, helping organizations to improve the value of their software products over time, aligned to business needs. So the team will also be responsible for the requirement management and feature enhancement.
Training, instructor-led and/or OJT, may be provided to fine tune your skills and capabilities to carry out the following:
- Provide onsite hands-on technical support and insightful advice to users
- Focus on providing users with best in class support experiences
- Acknowledge and address all customer queries, requirements and needs with patience and empathy
- Provide guidance and training to users on current technology and IT policies
- Educate users on new technology and processes to enhance technology adoption
- Promote self-help through self-service portals
- Manage customer expectations to enhance the overall IT support experience
- Providing onsite and remote support to project teams across Southeast Asia
- Define and coordinate scheduled maintenance tasks to ensure the continuous running of the Customer's environment resources and systems.
- Change Execution Support, Change Introduction impact analysis Support, Support Change execution.
- Cooperation with client and stakeholders to clarify and prioritise issues
- Learn and understand system logic and workflow
- Logging, co-ordination & escalation of issues and incidents
- Regularly touch base with the client and collect feedback to maintain a good relationship
- Track incidents and provide regular updates to users on request status and progress
- Troubleshooting – log file investigation and extract details for review
- Teamwork with developers and operators to solve issues before the deadline
- Trend analysis, incidents resolutions, root cause analysis, and regular reporting to identify areas for improvement
- Business Requirement Impact Analysis.
- Service report data collection, Report preparation.
- Problem Management Initiation.
- Customer service or service desk experience
- Strong customer service communication & ethic
- Eagerness for continuous learning
- Self-organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline-focused time management skills
- Confidence to question things and make recommendations
- Good communication, influencing, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Openness to travel infrequently to other Southeast Asia offices
- Understanding IT system, information security and technologies is a plus but not mandatory.
- Relevant IT certification is a plus but not mandatory
- Possess a keen interest to pursue a career in tech
- Commit to completing the full training programme
- Open to Singaporeans for this programme
- Mid-career professionals who are aged 40 & above
- Those without tech experience are welcome to apply, subject to certain job roles where some tech experience may be required
Just one more thing, we'd like to share that only shortlisted applicants will be notified for further steps for this role due to the large volume of applications we are receiving. Thank you!
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).