Madrid, Spain, Spain
Job Description: Head of People, ThoughtWorks Spain
ThoughtWorks is a global software development and consulting company that values the people and clients who push the boundaries in what they do. This means, ThoughtWorks and its clients reimagine the future of businesses and leverage cutting edge and open source tech to achieve lofty business goals. And when it comes to its people, ThoughtWorks is the flat, inclusive environment where ThoughtWorkers craft their career paths to suit their interests. The company also works closely with several global humanitarian organizations to positively impact the world through tech.
About the Head of People Role:
The Head of People leads the People's primary objectives are to connect with people, provide links to the business, create an engaged workplace / culture, act as an advocate for employees, and establish and drive a credible and trustworthy people brand.
As part of our Leadership Team, the Head of People will own all people-related topics and initiatives, give guidance to the business and drive constant change to take people operations to the next evolutionary step, enable and grow our people to run a sustainable business, champion software excellence, revolutionize the IT-Industry and passionately advocate for social- and economic justice.
The overall role responsibilities include:
- Articulate a compelling vision and strategy for the the People space and assure implementation.
- Participating in the design, and owning the deployment of, HR deliverables and employee initiatives focused on people satisfaction and engagement.
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders to understand the challenges of the consulting business and develop people operations to perfectly meet people and business needs.
- Passionately lead and develop the People team by giving guidance, clearing roadblocks and applying an individual development approach, empowering the team to live up to stakeholder expectations.
- Implement best practices to assure high quality people experience, internal communication, capability development, key employee retention, succession planning & performance management.
- Contribute to leading and further developing the Spanish business as part of the Spain Leadership team.
- Manage budget and external parties, such as payroll provider, local public bodies, visa agencies.
About the ideal candidate:
Thoughtworks Spain are looking for someone with extensive experience leading the HR function of a medium-sized high-growth business, ideally in the IT professional services sector. The Head of People will shape the future of the people space in a market-leading consulting company of digital natives without outdated hierarchical leadership functions and style. The ideal candidate will:
- passionately lead and develop the People team by giving guidance, clearing roadblocks and applying an individual development approach, empowering the team to live up to stakeholder expectations.
- act as a role model and servant-leader for the People Support and Talent development teams.
- have experience working in the Spanish market, and with solid knowledge of the Spanish labour law.
- have depth/expertise in a few HR-related specialist topics (compensation, cultivation, performance management, engagement, people analytics…).
- know how to work at scale, in fast growing organisations of at least ~250+ employees with a small number of direct reports (3-5 people).
- exhibit cultural and values alignment with a fast-paced, agile, and socially-conscious working culture, with sensitivity of, and experience with managing, diversity and inclusion issues.
- have the ability to be both hands-on when the business requires it but also strategic partner to the leadership of the business.
- be highly collaborative both internally to the Spanish market as well as at a global level with other markets across the globe as well as externally across the industry.
- be fluent in both Spanish and English.
- travel to offices and client sites to meet with people for relationship building & support (estimated travel of 20% max per month)
Additionally, ThoughtWorks Spain promotes diversity in all its forms. We reject discrimination and inequality. We want to bring social diversity to ThoughtWorks and across our industry. We are actively and passionately committed to this goal. As such, the Head of People will be a champion for all of Spain as it relates to Diversity and Inclusion. The HoP will ensure the Spain Leadership Team considers D&I needs and best practise in our decision making, planning, and leadership approach ongoing.