We are passionate technologists who believe in the power of software and technology as tools for social change. The 1000+ people in ThoughtWorks India are as diverse in personality as we are in our backgrounds, culture, and expertise.
If you’re someone who’s passionate about technology, by joining ThoughtWorks, you become a part of a community. People join because they get to talk to the people who wrote the books that influenced them, work with tools they wish to use, and collaborate on projects that propel change in the real world.
ThoughtWorks India is looking for talented data engineers passionate about building large scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating complex data processing pipelines, as part of diverse, high energy teams
- Designing scalable implementations of the models developed by our Data Scientists
- Hands-on programming based on TDD, usually in a pair programming environment
- Deploying data pipelines in production based on Continuous Delivery practices
- Advising clients on the usage of different distributed storage and computing technologies from the plethora of options available in the ecosystem
Ideally, you should have:
- 6-10 years of overall industry experience
- Expected to be the Architect for small and large enterprise projects. On larger projects, you are expected to work closely with fellow architects to come up with the architecture and take it further
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- Strong domain modelling and coding experience in Java /Scala / Python
- Experience building batch and streaming data pipelines and data centric applications using distributed storage platforms like HDFS, S3, NoSql databases (Hbase, Cassandra, etc) and distributed processing platforms like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Airflow, Kafka etc in a production setting
- Hands on experience in MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks and/or Cloud (AWS EMR, Azure HDInsights, Qubole etc)
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
And here’s some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ThoughtWorks:
- A real commitment to “changing the face of IT” -- our way of thinking about diversity and inclusion. Over the past ten years, we’ve implemented a lot of initiatives to make ThoughtWorks a place that reflects the world around us, and to make this a welcoming home to technologists of all stripes. We’re not perfect, but we’re actively working towards true gender balance for our business and our industry, and you’ll see that diversity reflected on our project teams and in offices.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Support to grow as a technologist outside of your role at ThoughtWorks. This is why ThoughtWorkers have written over 100 books and can be found speaking at (and, ahem, keynoting) tech conferences all over the world. We love to learn and share knowledge, and you’ll find a community of passionate technologists eager to back your endeavors, whatever they may be. You’ll also receive financial support to attend conferences every year.
- An organizational commitment to social responsibility. ThoughtWorkers challenge each other to be just a little more thoughtful about the world around us, and we believe in using our profits for good. All around the world, you’ll find ThoughtWorks supporting great causes and organizations in both official and unofficial capacities.
If you relish the idea of being part of ThoughtWorks’ Data Practice that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find ThoughtWorks is the right place for you. If you share our passion for technology and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!