ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. We’re dedicated to the art of software delivery, by keeping it lightweight, agile and open-source. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems to help them solve their toughest business problems.
This role is based in either Madrid or Barcelona (since we have offices in both locations, you can live in either one of the cities). Also, the Head of Finance for Spain is part of a global finance team, so you’ll be working with and alongside talented and passionate people around the world. We are looking for a highly accountable, flexible individual, who is technically excellent, works hard, can nurture productive working relationships, and operate with a considerable degree of autonomy. A passion for technology is a must too.
In ThoughtWorks there are no big company politics and hierarchy; we are collaborators, which means you’ll require quick thinking skills as well as the ability to view the bigger picture, whilst, at the same time, being prepared to drill down into the details.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience
- To be considered you will have worked in a financial management role with experience with financial modeling / planning / budgeting
- Excellent leadership qualities and technical skills are essential
- Experience using PeopleSoft Financials and Financial Force is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Experience in a globally distributed company is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, ability to manage tight deadlines, and work under pressure - multitasking management is an essential skill for this role
- Ability to communicate and explain financial concepts to non-finance people and interpret the figures for strategic decision-making
- Willingness to share experiences and ideas with your colleagues; open to learning and trying new approaches in order to improve yourself and your team’s performance
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work environment and strong team work spirit
- Open to receiving direct feedback from your colleagues and team members
- The following words will describe you: proactive, problem solver, entrepreneur, detail oriented, excellent analytical skills.
- You're the kind of person who just gets things done and that everyone likes working with.
- As part of the Spain Management team, you will be expected to have a sound financial management background to help the business evolve its business model in a profitable way, and utilize your expertise to support the mission and values of ThoughtWorks
- Support and influence key business leaders to drive the business forward by providing insights to achieve optimization and growth opportunities
- Provide robust plans and forecasts on a timely basis
- Provide quality reporting to support business decision making
- Nurture relationships with the commercial team to drive revenue, review commercial contracts and assist with negotiations, whenever necessary
- Develop and support new commercial models for new offerings
- Provide weekly/monthly management feedback to departmental leaders to assist with cost control and revenue generation
- Manage the working capital of the business, including the day to day cash management, through the preparation of Management Accounts
- Ensure annual audit deadlines and tax are met; Ensure compliance with tax and local legislations
- Develop investment appraisal processes such as ROI in various investments
- Coordinate work priorities with the shared services team in Brazil
- Manage external vendors that give us support on finance-related activities (e.g. payroll)
- Willingness to be hands-on and work in a startup environment, while driving some of the operational work by yourself with help from external partners
- Update and optimise policies and procedures as needed
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including meal vouchers, transportation voucher, travel insurance, personal development budget and a 23 days holiday.
To apply please submit your CV and tell us why you want to join ThoughtWorks. One of our recruiters will be in touch.
At ThoughtWorks we promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve