UK Financial Analyst, ThoughtWorks
ThoughtWorks is a Private Equity backed global technology and consultancy that builds customer software applications to help digitally transform businesses. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionise the IT industry and create positive social change. We work with a range of clients from media to banking to NGOs. With offices in 14 countries and 40 cities (at last count!), we’re passionate global citizens, aiming to have a huge impact on the world. www.thoughtworks.com
This position is a result of rapid growth at the organization and is an amazing opportunity to join an expanding team in UK. ThoughtWorks is seeking a Finance Analyst for our UK region to drive immediate impact with the monthly financial performance, commercial review and stewardship, forecasting and budgeting process. A successful applicant will be CIMA qualified with previous FP&A experience and will be expected to proactively identify risks and opportunities from a commercial point of view and work cross-functionally with members of the country and global teams to implement solutions to add value to the business.
This position will be based in London and report to the UK Director of Finance & Accounting. The Finance Analyst will also work closely with the Global Shared Services Team(s) in India and China.
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Ensure that all the UK departmental financial analysis reports are completed on a monthly basis by managing and guiding a junior team member with OPEX analysis.
- Responsible for explaining any movement on gross margin (travel, revenue, salary, utilisation and ABR) to key business stakeholders
- Partner with Client Leadership Teams and Business Development teams to ensure revenue forecast accuracy.
- Review and own the pricing for commercial contracts up to £1M or contract extensions with current clients.
- Identify areas of improvement to increase Gross Margin by working closely with the delivery stakeholders (Business Development, Client Leadership Teams, Staffing, People team and Head of Delivery).
- Understand impact of vacation and salaries on gross margin and client gross margin.
- Have a good understanding and analysis of utilisation per grade and activity to share key insights with business stakeholders.
- Responsible for the standard costing review to ensure the agreed rates with clients allow the company to achieve the target gross margin.
- Create and have close relationship with the Client Leadership Team on each account to obtain a good understanding of account performance (Scorecard and Client Gross margin).
- Work closely with the UK Head of Business Finance to have an input on the monthly forecast.
- Be a key person in the annual planning process.
- Working closely with the Controller to ensure all the Accruals, Prepayments, Depreciation are explained and understood on a monthly basis to help drive commercial discussions and decisions.
- Provide commercial information to the Controller in preparation of the monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Work closely with the UK Controller to understand monthly financial results compared to forecasts & plan and document them to allow meaningful discussions with the operation stakeholders.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Strong FP&A experience – CIMA qualified
- Excellent communications skills with friendly and upbeat attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good knowledge and understanding of forecasting and budgeting on a consulting environment
- Experience of implementing new business processes and reporting
Not ready right now? You can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).