ThoughtWorks is a strategic partner for organizations developing ambitious technology-driven innovation. We bring together strategy, design, technology and adoption in one agile innovation team, tackling unique boundary-pushing opportunities.
Early in an innovation initiative, there are two key drivers of success. First, stretching beyond small ideas. Second, making sure that a bold vision can be made actionable. The Product Manager takes a lead role in meeting both of these goals. They help understand complex problem spaces and breaking free of traditional constraints, imagine bold possibilities. They take these ambitious missions and define the ecology of assets, services and actions that act as the foundation for an actionable product solution.
As a Senior Product Manager you will be expected to:
- create and ensure a shared understanding of product vision and strategy amongst all members of the team.
- define a product portfolio from a product strategy that balances business need, opportunity, feasibility, and achievability.
- Demonstrate platform thinking by abstracting feature requests into “classes of problems” and creating an extensible product which can be used for a variety of current and future needs.
- Evangelize and market: communicate the value proposition and bring an emotional connection to the product to all stakeholders and team members.
- Drive research and competitive analysis to identify ways to transform the user experience, and create competitive opportunities.
- Reframe business solutions into actual business needs (e.g., get from “send texts to customers” to “increase coupon claims”).
- Articulate how the product fulfils the business strategy and creates value to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. clients).
- Understand the technical aspects of software development – including software engineering, architecture, and technical tradeoffs – enough to ensure that technical choices don’t conflict with the product vision and strategy, but rather enable them.
- Partner with engineering leads and architects so that decisions on product and technology direction are not made in a vacuum.
- Make data-driven decisions: support portfolio choices with evidence from analytics and research.
- Align product strategies with other product managers, articulate how the product strategy fits into the broader ecosystem.
- Nurture regular communication and connection with business stakeholders to ensure that product strategy stays aligned with business priorities, and also to keep stakeholders abreast of learnings from customers that impact product direction.
- Always be “discovering” what customers and users need. Get out of the building: visit clients and speak with users/customers. Always be learning from user research conducted during product development cycles.
- Partner with Product Owners to ensure constant alignment with business and customer goals, and outcome expectations for delivery.
Few important things to note:
- Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to travel.
- Proficiency in both Italian and English language is necessary for this position.
The following traits have been associated with success in this role:
- You see existing systems, practices and thinking as malleable
- You get a buzz from, cool ideas, elegant solutions and creative synergies
- You have a history of connecting people who work in different spaces
- In creative situations, people quickly come to like and respect you
- You have a multidisciplinary background that is sometimes hard to explain
- You see patterns and think in terms of whole systems and ecologies
- During conversations, you can organize, connect, and invent in “real-time”
We don't do bureaucracy or hierarchy so you will have complete autonomy. We're a big believer in diversity. We build software for a wide variety of people so we believe that a wide variety of people should build our software. We abhor and reject discrimination and inequality, and promote diversity in all its forms.
We strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve, so as long as you're talented and ready to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.