The ThoughtWorks Identity Team is a globally distributed, remote first product team that delivers Identity and Access Management Services to ThoughtWorks. We are a cross functional remote first product team who are responsible for delivering the ThoughtWorks Identity product - authentication and access control - to over 7000 customers located across the globe.
We deliver Identity as a service, we support and manage Okta, Active Directory and its infrastructure and are responsible for the Administrative aspects of Google G Suite. We are also the owners of the ThoughtWorks device management product and the ThoughtWorks corporate password management product.
We work closely with other TechOps teams, especially with Infosec, for whom our role is to enforce security policy, we also work closely with many other teams to ensure that our Identity service is always available and always meeting their needs.
Whilst we are a TechOps team, we consider ourselves to be consultants. We use an Agile, people centered approach when working with our customers and with each other.
We are looking for someone to work with us on a variety of different tasks, including;
- Support. Helping us to manage our customer support activities, many of which come via Zendesk. These can range from basic tasks such as password resets to helping TechOps and business teams deploy new applications in Okta. You’ll get to be a detective too, chasing down all kinds of interesting and wonderful issues with the systems we manage, including those we have built ourselves.
- Investigation. Conducting user research, business analysis, and UX design, as well as helping to manage our Trello walls
- Evangelism. Sharing your understanding of how things work in your region, particularly around challenges and opportunities. Evangelism is a fun aspect of this.
- Communication Communicating with our customers and other stakeholders about the Identity product and the services we offer is critical. This can include writing blogs (we’d love things translated into local languages) announcements and product updates, preparing for and managing some of our regular catch ups with other teams and our business stakeholders. You’ll also be helping to develop our relationship with some of our vendors and other partners.
- Ideally, you know something about the Identity and Access management domain, or you are willing to learn about it.
- We need to follow the sun and provide global support, so while you are probably located in the Global South, your location is not a key issue.
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills, but it need not be your first language
- You don’t mind if your working hours are a bit odd. We try very hard to find a time each day to work together. This sometimes means early or late meetings. On the positive side, it also means you get a lot of flexibility at other times.
- You are a passionate team player and value the team, however you are also capable and willing to make decisions on your own when necessary.
- You can work independently, you make sure you are aligned with what the team are doing and what our priorities are. You action against these according to the team plan and you don’t need to be told how to do your job.
- You are available for short term travel, (a week or two at most) one to three times per year.
- You enjoy learning new things and are happy to take on new tasks.
- You are willing to put time into building a social relationship with the team. This helps us work together and understand one another at a distance.
- You are diligent in your professional practice and take pride in delivering work of the highest possible standard.
Technology - if that’s your thing!
We work with a range of different technologies, including Okta,GSuite and GCP, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Windows Active Directory (AD). You need to be reasonably technically minded for this role, perhaps you were a developer in the past, but you don’t need to be a developer now. You need to be willing to learn some new technologies, and you shouldn’t be afraid of working at the command line on occasion. That said, we will happily teach you all you need to know.
**If interested, please submit your resume in English format.**
If that's not for you right now that’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks
, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities
' to hear about jobs in the future).