ThoughtWorks are a technology consultancy with an enviable track record of delivering real business value to a multitude of customers. Globally we employ around 6,500 people. In Southeast Asia, we are around 200 people, with offices in Singapore and Bangkok.
We are looking for a passionate support consultant to join our Southeast Asia Workspaces team in Bangkok. We provide smart and human-centered support across the business with an emphasis on the level of quality that we provide to our users. Our communication as a team, willingness to share our knowledge and continuous learning, are paramount to our success.
You will be working within a small team structure to provide the best in class IT services to users across Southeast Asia. The team provides a full range of IT-related services, including PCs, laptops, video conferencing software and corporate mobile devices.
- Provide onsite hands-on technical support and insightful advice to users
- Focus on providing users with best in class support experiences
- Acknowledge and address all customer queries, requirements and needs with patience and empathy
- Provide guidance and training to users on current technology and IT policies
- Educate users on new technology and processes to enhance technology adoption
- Promote self-help through the self-service portals
- Manage customer expectations to enhance the overall IT support experience
- Providing onsite and remote support to project teams across Southeast Asia
- Quickly diagnose and resolve IT issues for users
- Provide users with training and advice on company offered solutions related technologies and transformations
- Utilize Service Now to document and track all assets calls
- Provide written documentation, updates and root cause analysis on IT issues to ZenDesk ticketing system as required
- Create knowledge articles for newly discovered issues in our Knowledge base
- Provide feedback on potential issues or concerns to mitigate future risks
- Receive damaged laptops and arrange a repair
- Receive, log and store newly purchased laptops
- Keep the stock well organized and accurately recorded in our inventory system
- Do regular inventory reconciliation
- Keep perfectly accurate records of who is assigned which laptops
- Manage our stock levels of mice, keyboards, monitors, adapters, and cables, making sure our offices and large project teams at clients are sufficiently stocked
- Support video conferencing by Zoom
- Support client project IT requirements
Key Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of customer service or service desk
- Eagerness for continuous learning
- Self-organization and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail
- Deadline-focused time management skills
- Initiative to keep making our laptop processing more efficient
- Confidence to question things and make recommendations
- Strong customer service communication & ethic
- Understanding the importance of Information security
- Regular communication with team, users and partners
- Openness to travel infrequently to other Southeast Asia offices
- Previous experience supporting software engineers and Mac computers
- Previous AV experience is a plus
- Basic network skills (DNS, DHCP, Wired, Wireless, VPN …)
* At this stage we are looking for people who are already based in Thailand, to join us in shaping and growing our newly opened Bangkok office.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).