ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We're a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world. Our clients are organisations with ambitious missions, where we deliver complex enterprise systems using a philosophy based on lightweight design, Agile, and open-source.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Strong expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, SaltStack, Terraform, etc.), and application hosting technologies (CloudFoundry, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift, etc.).
- Solid understanding of the practical application of DevOps philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code, and leading infrastructure and operations teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Experience in designing and architecting enterprise and/or web-scale hosting platforms
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant solutions that truly transform industries
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
- Experience working with CTO/CIO/COO to create technical strategies
- Ideally experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
As a Lead or Principal Consultant, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Hands-on implementation work to get projects off the ground, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure, and to coach developers and infrastructure engineers
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Help to shape and build ThoughtWorks’ cloud and infrastructure practice, including working with business development, marketing, and capabilities development
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met on projects
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on DevOps, cloud, and infrastructure engineering
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality.
Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
We’re also passionate about delivering quality by ensuring the most valuable use of our talents and experience. We aim to support different working patterns to ensure a diverse collective of people can call ThoughtWorks their home so if you’re looking to work with high profile clients, delivering digital transformation and innovation, get in touch and chat to us about working flexibly!