ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We are dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open source. Our clients are people and organisations with ambitious missions - whether in the commercial, social, or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. ThoughtWorks aspire to be a better business and strive to have a positive impact in the world. We are a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals.
As Financial Accountant you will work closely with our talented finance team based in London, India and China. We are looking for a highly accountable individual with strong technical experience, a great working attitude and willingness to learn. This is a great opportunity for a newly qualified individual who is keen to develop their career in a varied role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly management accounts. Review revenue recognition and identify potential risks in a timely manner. Perform the monthly review of the balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the shared services team.
- Assist the FC in the coordination and preparation of the statutory audit. Be key point of contact for audit requests and preparation of the statutory accounts for 3 Companies. Identify statutory differences between US GAAP and FRS102 to minimise audit adjustments.
- Review quarterly VAT returns and monthly reconciliations prepared by the shared services teams. Manage monthly VAT audit of employee expenses. Identify areas of potential risk and improvements ahead of the MTD requirements being introduced in 2020.
- Assist in the preparation of a new risk report for UK business. Working closely with heads of departments you will identify key business risks, determine controls to mitigate them and prioritise action plan.
- Assist in tax reporting- including coordinating annual R&D tax credit review with external tax provider and preparing annual PSA calculations
- Local treasury management. Regular review of cash balances with a view of pending payments and outstanding AR balances. Review of monthly cash flow statement prepared by shares services. Develop and implement a forecasting cash flow model.
- Adhoc project work
Skills & Attributes
- Qualified accountant with strong technical experience in practice.
- Experience of preparing consolidated financial statements
- Can juggle multiple tasks whilst under pressure, whilst prioritising independently and meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills to both finance and non-finance communities
- Strong Excel skills – Intermediate/Advance level
- Experience of Oracle Peoplesoft is not essential, but desirable
Not ready right now? You can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).