ThoughtWorks University (TWU) is at the heart of what ThoughtWorks is all about; creating an unforgettable, globally immersive onboarding experience for our graduate hires and a targeted leadership development experience for our ThoughtWorks trainers.
We are set to welcome over 500 graduates representing all 14 ThoughtWorks countries in 2020 along with a team of exceptional trainers to support their onboarding.
We have now identified the need for a Dean of Studies to join our core team and support this exciting growth at TWU.
The TWU Dean of Studies will oversee the TWU program and be responsible for the content and learning journey of trainers and trainees.
- Own TWU content
- Ensure that the content delivered meets expectations of the TWU objectives and delivers business value to our countries and in turn, our clients.
- Own continuous change, in partnership with the Product Owner and Program Managers
- Ensure TWU's long term scalability, business and technical relevance.
- Collaborate with entire core team to drive continuous change and improvement.
- Support planning and running the term successfully
- Plan and execute successful terms in collaboration with the core team.
- Train our trainers
- Set up our trainers for success. Define and approve train the trainer schedule and lead training sessions.
- Support and develop trainers
- Support trainers in their role by attending, leading and facilitating sessions.
- Develop trainers to be their best version. Provide mentorship and collaborate with team to support leadership growth and development during their time at TWU.
Ideal Candidate will have experience in:
- Professional Services background.
- Proven expertise in the technology industry with responsibility for bespoke training programs.
- Proven distributed agile delivery experience and a client service mindset. Must be able to hold their own with experienced colleagues and challenge changes.
- Passion for learning, training and leadership development.
- Strong experience in leading large learning teams and coaching trainers.
- Strong analytical skills to effectively identify issues and be able to apply sound conclusions resulting in the right solution, at the right time and at the right cost.
- High energy and motivation to effect change and influence on the team as well as the organisation to achieve the goals of the program.
- Lead by example - set a strong positive example of what it means to be a TW leader and a consultant
- Team leader and Multiplier - able to get the best out of their team, can set and drive meetings, set expectations and hold people accountable, help create and support a healthy work environment
- Strong emotional intelligence - has good self-awareness and self-management as well as good situational awareness; can pick up on signals and cues in the room and shift accordingly
- Excellent communicator - able to deliver a clear message and build strong relationships. Comfortable with presenting and teaching
- Highly organized - able to keep track of multiple moving parts at one time
- Strong adult teacher/guide - able to get a message across and adjust when necessary so the trainers can quickly pick up materials and be comfortable with the key points
- Feedback giver - able to provide thoughtful, specific, constructive feedback to support the trainer’s growth and development
- Detail oriented - can keep track of minor details that need to be reviewed and acted upon
- Comfortable with a highly structured environment - you can appreciate the consistent experience we’re trying to provide to 500+ new TWers annually
- Innovate and seek continuous improvement - can look for ways to improve upon the TWU experience, for trainers and/or grads