ThoughtWorks is a global software company and community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.As a world-renowned pioneer of software innovation, we work with courageous executives who have ambitious missions and the technology partner of choice for organisations who are looking to make big changes and disrupt their industries.
We are growing as an organisation and are looking to hire a good number of developers across India this year. All graduate and early consultant level developers go through an intensive training program before they are placed in projects.
We are looking for a Technical Trainer to help train our graduate and early consultant developers. This training program is very hands on with minimal presentations and a lot of coding. The ideal candidate should have excellent presentation skills along-side their technical skills. The person should also have good interpersonal skills as the program will involve giving a lot of constructive feedback to participants in such a way that encourages them to learn more. We are looking for a person who has delivery experience in the software industry along with some training experience.
An ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Strong delivery experience in Object Oriented Programming + Domain Driven Design - We would like you to speak about your real life experiences in the industry while running the training sessions
- Test Driven Development and Pair Programming are Extreme Programming practices that you have used before and are comfortable in practicing the same and can teach these principles to others.
- Willing to explore teaching in the Socratic Method
- Experience conveying nuances of OO design and tradeoffs
- Experience in conducting code reviews and technical interviews
- Experience working with the latest technology being used in the industry - Some examples being React, Spring Boot, Node, Kotlin, Docker
- Are you keeping yourself up to date with the latest technologies out there? What are the most recent tech trends that fascinate you?
- Amazing facilitation skills. Able to communicate ideas clearly in a variety of mediums - ‘whiteboarding’, presentations, written communications
- Amazing interpersonal skills. Would people describe you as easily approachable and empathetic?
If this sounds like the sort of thing you are looking for, we should be speaking. Please apply online. We want to hear from you!