Want to work in an inclusive, supportive environment where you can freely voice your ideas and opinions?
ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work onsite with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Our entry-level consultants jumpstart their careers with a trip to ThoughtWorks University (TWU): a five-week training program. And it’s important to call out that we consider tech talent from all walks of life. Whether you’re a Computer Science major with less than 1 year of professional experience, a coding boot camp graduate or a “career changer” who is working toward becoming a software developer, you have the opportunity to join our community.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will pair to write clean and iterative code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences for a variety of clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Tackle a variety of challenges for clients of all industries, while collaborating with new teammates from diverse backgrounds
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a developer
- You understand analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- You thrive in a collaborative and un-hierarchical environment
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
If ThoughtWorks sounds like the right environment for you to learn, grow and thrive, don't hesitate in applying!
Keeping ThoughtWorkers safe is our top priority. Due to COVID-19, you will join ThoughtWorks Spain remotely until further notice in accordance with the government's recommendations. ThoughtWorks is aware that working from home may present challenges for some individuals, therefore our offices will be partially open to provide support to employees who require more space and facilities than they have at home. Please don't hesitate to speak with your recruiter about any requirements or concerns you may have.