New York, USA
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change. ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We’re a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals striving to have a positive impact on the world.
We are looking for Retail expert with deep and broad domain expertise and ability to engage with CXOs on business & technology challenges and solutions.
Retail Practitioners at ThoughtWorks work with Retailers on some of their most exciting business and technology challenges. If you are interested in helping a growing Retail practice expand our global footprint, we want to connect with you!
ThoughtWorks provides the landscape to work in a passionate, dynamic, collaborative and non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience.
- Consult with senior stakeholders of retail organizations on building the product vision, roadmap, striking the right balance between what’s needed now and the future.
- Be a subject matter expert and manage end-to-end client engagements through solutioning for the current and future functional roadmaps, recommendations during development and execution through adoption facilitation, workshops, training, etc.
- Identify and shape opportunities in collaboration with the market team or client principal, qualify and shape delivery model from a domain standpoint.
- Ability to move between opportunity identification, retail strategy and delivery challenges given the situation.
- Identify and generate leads; driving forth our Business Development efforts.
- Participate and actively shape opportunities across clients
Attributes - We are looking for candidates to …
- Have a consulting mindset with excellent communication and presentation skills in engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders and building credibility as a trusted advisor through proven delivery of innovative solutions for complex problems in the Retail space.
- Have the desire to create and build thought leadership in retail.
- Ability to lead and execute client engagements at the highest quality and customer satisfaction
- Strong facilitation and communication skills and experience of leading workshops
- Experience prioritizing competing demands from stakeholders with the ability to get buy-in and resolve conflicts
- We are looking for candidates who have 11+ years of deep and broad business process understanding and operational experience in industries such as Retail and E-Commerce, preferably across Fashion & Grocery segments.
- Demonstrated experience of working successfully with development teams to deliver bespoke software
- Experience across core retail functional areas such as
- Forecasting, Order Management, Merchandising & Assortment Planning, Pricing, Promotions, Mark-down management, Store Operations, Inventory Management, Supply Chain, Loyalty, Customer Experience, Analytics etc
- Have good exposure to working with varied retailers globally
- Have implemented innovative end-to-end solutions in customer engagement and customer experience
- Have experience with Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be open to travel as determined by client needs.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.