ThoughtWorks is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager (BDM) to join us in our growing Brisbane office! The BDM will be responsible for soliciting new business, developing and executing on key account plans and sales programs, nurturing senior client relationships, and, in partnership with the larger Client Relationship team, for achieving the established revenue targets.
The successful candidate is a goal-oriented self-starter with a proven track record of success in building and maintaining solutions-based relationships, and demonstrating best practices of consultative-based selling.
- Open new target accounts, creating the foundation for long-term, value-based relationships. Success is nurturing and sale of win-win value propositions and nurturing executive relationships for continuing business.
- Establish, build, and maintain long-term, value-based relationships with a growing number of senior stakeholders to achieve account growth.
- Ensure the creation and execution of existing account strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and individual levels.
- Help develop a range of IP and best practices around client and portfolio development in order to build the client base into a significant strategic asset.
- Approach client executives as true business partners versus software delivery partners, expanding the company’s breadth and depth to its full potential.
- Engage in client change program governance to help client sponsors proactively address their change management needs, adding value to client steering committees, governing bodies, beyond reporting on the status of ThoughtWorks existing engagements.
- Drive offshoring as an integral part of the delivery
- Oversee ThoughtWorks’ execution of engagements, providing early visibility to leadership regarding potential risks.
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable track record of working in many different executive revenue generating roles requiring strong business acumen.
- Success managing and developing senior client relationships and strategic business partnerships across the C-suite.
- A track record of developing expertise, and a measurable history of contributing to their clients’ businesses.
- Demonstrable experience of a highly consultative and solutions-oriented approach.
- Understanding of the workings of software development and agile project delivery.
- The ability to lead and motivate account and software development teams with creativity and imagination, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment where leading-edge thinking and impact are expected.