We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
Our Product Consultant play a key role in project success. You will be working with clients across a variety of sectors and making sure the business-critical software solutions we develop deliver real business value every time. Fascinating clients on one side, passionate software developers on the other. You are the bridge between the two. It involves a lot of open and honest communication. It means getting to know our clients' businesses inside out by finding out what their software must achieve, how it will be used and then generating the ideas our developers draw on to create custom applications.
As a Product Consultant here’s how you can expect to add value:
- Generate ideas and content for solutions through facilitating and leading workshops
- Deliver custom software products with a cross-functional team
- Help companies achieve true, differentiating outcomes by analyzing and designing complex business applications in the latest technologies
- Be an expert in agile and continuous delivery principles and practices, and facilitate organizational transformations
- Mentor others and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development analysis best practices.
- Develop your career outside of the confinement of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with teams to deliver software; ideally as part of a consulting organization
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies (e.g. Scrum and XP)
- Strong facilitation, prioritization and influencing skills
- Experience unearthing the root cause of a client’s pain points and validating a business opportunity or problem
- Experience with modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Able to define key objectives and ‘to-be” state, identify success factors, and comprehend constraints, challenges and risks
- Experience with facilitating collaboration within cross-functional team
- Articulate the “big picture” of the solution to a wide variety of audiences
- A genuine passion for quality software - and the know-how to get from sketch to code
- Exposure to a huge variety of client engagements. You could be influencing the digital strategy of a retail giant, building a new mobile application for a bank or redesigning platforms using event sourcing & intelligent data pipelines. You’ll use the latest Lean & Agile thinking, solve critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
- Allowances for books, conferences & training, cell phone, local transit, and high-speed internet
- Personal development programs and training tailored to the career path that you choose
- Opportunities for global assignments/travel
- Internal conferences and community events
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.