Financial Accountant – Maternity Leave Cover (6 months, 3rd January start date)
ThoughtWorks is a global IT consultancy specialising in working with clients all over the world to build great software and leap ahead of, or even redirect, their market. Our organisation is driven to deliver agile software development to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionise the IT industry and create positive social change.
In addition to revolutionising the IT industry, ThoughtWorks is also proud to transform their staff. Our people are the driving force behind everything we do and one of our key themes is for staff to continually learn, grow and thrive.
Finance is no exception, acting as a partner to the business providing high quality financial information for decision-making.
- You will by a CA or CPA with 5+ years’ experience technically strong and capable of working in this broad-based role covering both monthly management and statutory reporting.
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a high degree of autonomy and are able to manage multiple simultaneous challenges but still maintain accuracy levels and response times.
- You are used to providing high quality financial information and have a strong work ethic and desire to help drive efficiencies and improvements in reporting and analysis through the use of advanced Excel skills including Power Pivot
- As the role commences at year-end, to be successful in this role you will need the ability to quickly understand the accounting dynamics of the business to be able to support the March final audit and prepare the Statutory reports.
Overview of role:
Based in our Sydney office and reporting to the Finance Director you will have full responsibility for preparing accurate and timely financial, management and statutory reporting including providing analysis, insights and commentary on these reports.
Transactional accounting, journal preparation, AP and AR are handled by our China shared service team, and a key part of the role is support and liaison of this team
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review of outputs from shared service team (month end journals, balance sheet reconciliations, AP & AR, BAS submissions);
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting deck including analysis of key variances and commentary for submission to Australia Leadership team
- Preparation of Annual Statutory accounts including disclosures and working papers,
- Ownership of the relationship with Auditors and other advisors including responsibility for managing audits.;
- Preparation of Annual corporate tax return and other tax returns including FBT, payroll tax, WorkCover and PAYG
- Corporate reporting and variance analysis
- Preparation of monthly functional spend reporting and Investment analysis
- Cash flow forecasting
- Management of capex
- Provide support and advice on accounting and tax treatment of work in locations outside Australia.
- Review of accounting standards, policies and procedures
About our culture:
We are a community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is in our DNA and is a core part of our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We are honoured to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and are proud to say that 48% of ThoughtWorks Australia identify as women, in an industry where the norm is much lower. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As ThoughtWorkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.
If you’d like to find your home in tech at ThoughtWorks, please apply.