ThoughtWorks is hunting for passionate Lead Software Developers who care about software excellence.
We work in a dynamic, collaborative, non-hierarchical environment where talent is valued over job title or years of experience. We want you to develop your career outside the confines of a traditional career path.
Being a consultancy, our teams work on a huge variety of projects. You could be helping shape the digital strategy of a retail giant, building a new mobile platform for a bank, creating an app to support an awareness campaign for Indigenous Australians or helping the science community locate meteorites that have fallen to earth. All of this whilst building quadcopters or robotic arms in your spare time.
As a Lead Developer at ThoughtWorks, here's what you can do:
- Lead teams of software engineers
- Be a mentor and role model to less experienced developers
- Employ Agile development including task estimation, test automation, deployment automation and Continuous Integration to improve overall execution speed and product quality
- Learn new technologies and help shape new offerings for our business
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you're passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
Here's what you'll bring:
- Development and delivery experience with Java, .NET, Ruby, Scala, Clojure or Mobile
- Passion for software engineering and craftsman-like coding prowess
- Have helped lead development on large, custom-built object-oriented applications
- Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices, such as Extreme Programming (XP)
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of software best practices, like TDD, BDD and continuous integration
We're a big believer in diversity. We build software for a wide variety of people so we think that a wide variety of people should build our software. We abhor and reject discrimination and inequality, and promote diversity in all its forms. We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both ThoughtWorks and our industry more reflective and inclusive of the society that we serve. As long as you're an opinionated, disruptive thinker, we'd like to hear from you.
To hear what our developers think about working at ThoughtWorks, take a look here
In addition to all this, we have some great extra benefits including a generous training budget and one of the best parental leave packages in Australia.
If you want to get more information or apply, use the links and we will be in touch soon.
If you haven't got a CV updated, that's no problem. We understand that you've probably got more interesting things to do! Please provide a link to any websites or online profiles you want us to take a look at and simply upload a document that lists the top three things you think we should know about you.
Here's an example from one of our developers:
- I started as a C# developer 8 years ago but don't like to limit myself to one programming language - I'm currently attending meet-ups to learn Scala
- I have a 10 year old daughter who I am teaching (with some success) how to code
- I am passionate about TDD, CI and CD and have introduced these methods in my last two jobs
You can upload this info in a document via the CV / Resume link.