Want to spend your first 5 weeks training in India?
Want $2,000 a year to spend on furthering your technical skills?
Want to change the world through software and consulting?
Then read on...
If you have stumbled across us and have no idea who we are, ThoughtWorks is a software company.
We’re also an amazing collection of humans, hired for our passion, integrity and special powers. The company was founded as a social experiment – what happens when you hire really smart, passionate people and set them loose on really tough problems? 19 years on, this collection of people has helped shape the IT industry.
It’s not that straightforward though. If you ask anyone who works here what we do, they’ll give you a different answer. ThoughtWorks is very much what you make of it, and your experience will be shaped by the projects you’re on and the people you work with.
What we do?
Since we started, in a basement in Chicago, we have made many mistakes, and have learnt a lot about how to build software, but more importantly, how to work effectively. We’re fanatical about helping our industry to get better and we do this by writing books, blogging, and talking at conferences. But the biggest way that we help is the work that we do with our clients.
We called it ‘Revolutionizing IT’, but today we have extended our focus to an even bigger, and much more important goal; social justice. Our three pillars are the building blocks of ThoughtWorks, created to help us be the business we want to be. They are:
- Run a sustainable business
- Champion software excellence
- Advocate for social justice
Our Cultural Characteristics:
- Do the right thing
- Attitude, aptitude and integrity
- Service to others and society over self
- Solidarity over charity
- Serve holistic goals over achieving targets
- Personal and organizational transparency
- Curiosity, creativity and passion
- Fail fast and publish our mistakes
- Intolerant of intolerance
- No jerks
- High values alignment, loosely coupled
Nodding your head in agreement? If you want to be a part of something amazing and join the ThoughtWorks graduate journey then read on to apply now…
What’s your craft?
We are seeking graduates with a real PASSION for learning that are CURIOUS and often CHALLENGE the status quo. Attitude, aptitude and integrity are central to all successful applicants.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or with some programming component.
- Experience in object-oriented languages such as Java, C# or Ruby.
- Computer Science Degree or Technical equivalent.
- A focus on test automation.
- Experience with testing products on any of the following technology stacks (or equivalent): Ruby, Java, .NET, SQL, XML, web services.
- Experience in testing web applications.
- Knowledge of software best practices like test-driven development (TDD).
We’re currently seeking graduate developers and quality assurance analysts in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth for the 2016 ThoughtWorks University intakes (March, May, June, August & October).
Please state which office and role you are applying for and your preference of ThoughtWorks University intake.