ThoughtWorks is a global software company and community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients’ toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionise the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a world-renowned pioneer of software innovation, we work with courageous executives who have ambitious missions. With specialists working across Financial Services, Retail, Public Sector and others we’re the technology partner of choice for organisations who are looking to make big changes and disrupt their industries.
At ThoughtWorks we are seeking highly motivated and passionate young people to join our Networks Apprenticeship Programme. Do you have an interest ion networking, do you want to be a part of shaping an innovative industry leading network of the future?
- In the Networks Team, we are part of what we call TechOps in ThoughtWorks which is everything to do with IT and much more, we do more than just IT support. We are a team of passionate and forward thinking people, who work closely with our stakeholders to determine and execute strategies to enable consultants, clients and guests to work effectively - in our offices, on client sites, home and anywhere else they need to be.
- This means taking on regular feedback from our colleagues and customers to ensure we find the best possible solutions. While you will work alongside a great team across the globe, the real stakeholders are our people we call them ThoughtWorkers.
- You may have a background in retail management, where excellent customer service is key. Perhaps you’re a Project Manager, who’s looking for a new challenge in IT. If you’re more than happy working on a combination of tasks, varying from day-to-day business to larger projects, we’re looking for people like you. We’re primarily an IT Team; if you have some understanding of this area then this is great, but you may be someone who is passionate about hardware, technology and want to take this to the next level.
- We have very ambitious plans for our team and need the right people on board to deliver projects, roll out products and develop a vision on how we will make our network world leading and we love to do things a little different here.
- You will have the opportunity to learn the technical skills to become a world leading network engineer, as well as having the chance to learn much broader skills such as stakeholder management, agile working and architecture best pratices to name a few.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is something you must have have. To achieve this you must be self motivated and happy working with people from many different backgrounds and cultures.
- As most of our team and offices are distributed, you will travel to other offices from time to time and these can be anywhere that we have ThoughtWorkers.
- Ideally, you will have an interest in or knowledge of/ be familiar with some of the following:
- Networking in general
- Network security including firewalls
- Confidence using computers
- The drive to want to learn new skills
- Solid knowledge of spoken and written English (but any other languages would be great we are a global team!)
What training will I receive?
Firebrand offers a unique Higher Level 4 IT Apprenticeship scheme that provides award-winning industry training and certifications, valuable work experience and offers on-going support all with the ultimate goal of securing you a long-term career within the world of technology.
During your 2 year IT apprenticeship programme, Firebrand will provide residential training at our distraction-free training centre. Our method of accelerated training allows you to achieve industry- recognised certifications such as CompTIA, ITIL and Microsoft faster, giving you more time to put your new skills in to practice within a working environment. Firebrand will also provide you with a Learning Mentor who will be supporting and assisting you with your development. By the end of your 16 month apprenticeship, in addition to having numerous industry recognised qualifications, a steady career with a supportive employer, you will also be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
Firebrand is the leader in Accelerated Learning, and has grown to become a global business – with training centers around the world. Since its inception in 2001 the company has grown at an incredible rate; more than 30,000 students have now gained IT and project management certification through our unique Accelerated Learning methodology. We are a Microsoft Gold training partner and all our apprenticeship courses have been developed in conjunction with Microsoft, and the courses are regularly monitored by the Government, Microsoft and City & Guilds.
What qualifications do I need?
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Ideally, you will have either a minimum of two A levels (or equivalent) a Level 3 Apprenticeship qualification or Level 3 BTEC (This is not essential we are looking for passionate, motivated people with a can do attitude and the aptitude to learn.)
- Must 16 to 24 to qualify for this apprenticeship.