ThoughtWorks is not your average company. So don’t expect to find average people working here. We are a global consultancy that builds custom applications for a diverse range of clients from media through banking to NGOs. We've traditionally been known for our expertise in software development, and we are constantly evolving the ‘next big thing’ in the IT and technology industry.
An exciting opportunity has become available to be part of the UK Finance Function and based in London or Manchester. As a Management Accountant, you will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside talented and passionate people around the world. We are looking for a self-driven, highly committed, flexible individual who is a quick learner, loves number crunching and can work autonomously in a globally distributed team.
In ThoughtWorks there are no big company politics and hierarchy; we are collaborators which means you’ll require quick thinking skills as well as the ability to view the bigger picture, whilst, at the same time, being prepared to drill down into the details.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1) Management Reporting
- Perform month end close activities, including revenue recognition, expense analysis and profitability reporting
- Run P&L report and set up the monthly department reporting packs for the business.
- Create and support the Senior accountant with the month end reporting and Variance analysis.
- Responsible for travel cost analysis for both Professional Services and Operations.
- Creating of commercial Models from business inputs.
- Manupulate large amount of data to report trends, forecast, performance.
- Identify areas of improvement on cost both at Professional Service level and OPEX.
- Support the Senior Accountant on the review of some of the balance sheet reconciliations prepared by share services (accruals, prepayments, bank reconciliations)
- Provide ongoing support to business services team and resolve queries on a timely manner
- Run revenue and cost reports as and when required.
- Responsible of running revenue forecast and cost reports on weekly basis.
- Ad-hoc reporting for the business and the finance team on main KPI’s
- Monthly Margin Analysis for the Senior Accountant to review.
- Create and maintain a Customer Score Card (Revenue, People, Margin, Forecast).
2) Statutory Reporting:
- Support the finance team with the annual UK audit.
- Support the Senior Accountant and the Head of finance on the production of the Statutory reporting.
- Coordinate the completion and review of external surveys from National Statistics and other departments
- Support the coordination of the R&D tax process.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT for the review of the Senior Accountant
- Ensure the quarterly VAT, PAYE and Tax is paid on time.
- Possess basis understanding on tax requirements on operating business in other European countries
4) Cash Management:
- Prepare fortnightly cash forecast for the review of the Senior Accountant
- Demonstrate clear understanding of past dues and ensure timely actions by finance assistant and other teams to collect payments
- Ensure all queries in relation to cash are dealt with in the establish deadlines.
Key success factors for the role:
- Have a great working attitude is the key
- Excellent communication skill to both finance and non-finance communities
- Part-qualified accountant with strong technical and analytical accounting background.
- Experience in using large ERP suites, such as Oracle or SAP
- Experience in a F&P role is preferable
- Ability to communicate financial and operational insights in a clear and concise way
- Highly accountable and reliable
- Able to multitask and manage tight deadlines, with a strong sense of prioritisation
- Ability and willingness to both give and receive direct feedback from your manager and/or other team members
- Open to learn and try new approaches and enjoy sharing experiences and ideas
- Advance Excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookup formula, Macros….)
What’s waiting for you:
- Highly international environment
- Versatile areas of responsibility
- Non-hierarchical global organisation
- Personal development budget for continuous learning
- A fun, dynamic and challenging environment
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you?
That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (tick 'contact me about recruitment opportunities' to hear about jobs in the future).